Filming and Streaming Best Ranger Competition 2011 - Live

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
DangerClose
Ranger

Filming and Streaming Best Ranger Competition 2011 - Live

Post by DangerClose »

Been a while since I've posted but really busy for work but wanted to give everyone a heads-up on something I've been involved with for a few weeks now. I maintain the http://www.bestrangercompetition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website for Candyss and the National Ranger Association but also do side work to help the Ranger cause whenever I can - so when I was approached to help setup a site and some other stuff for the first attempt to LIVE STREAM the 2011 Best Ranger Competition over the internet - I jumped right in....

In the past it's been hard to get updates during BRC since they like to guard the scores pretty closely but even to get any type of decent footage (even weeks after the end) is a pain in the ass so I'm working with Mike Slee (who many of you know has been filming the Competition for years) to setup a live streaming camera following random teams and events during the 3 day competition between April 15-17, 2011.

So far he has the camera rented (is testing streaming next week) but we've got the front end website ready to go - working on team plates and information as we go. He has someone working as the producer on site that will change from live streaming media of the competition as well as posting scores, updates, team locations and almost any type of information possible. Mostly for the troops and Ranger comrades who always seem to be deployed, the intent here is to let everyone see how grueling the event actually is...

Could the stream be a catastrophic failure? Sure... but we're giving it a shot anyway.... tons of money and time already spent - we'll see how it goes. If you want video updates on the competition and updated scoring - he's going to try to keep them updated via twitter @bestrangerlive

UStream direct link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/best-ranger-competition

Probably won't get anything until 24-48 hours out and if anything changes, I'll try to post updates - remember, first times can be a bust. :(

Also, not sure if USTREAM is allowed on the Army Network in some places...

RLTW.
LostintheSauce
Tadpole

Re: Filming and Streaming Best Ranger Competition 2011 - Liv

Post by LostintheSauce »

Ranger DangerClose,

Thank you for all you have done and are doing for the competition. The Best Ranger Competition site looks phenomenal. I just spent awhile browsing through it and admiring the work. I explored some web design in high school so I have some idea of how hard it can be to run a website like that. I cannot wait to watch the competition live.

Just felt like showing appreciation, Thanks for reading.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

My brother will be competing this year on the USASFC team. Good luck Ken!
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Just 2 days away from Best Competition.

April 15-17, 2011 see lead story.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Dc22x
Future Soldier Mod/ Opt40

Post by Dc22x »

Thank you Ranger Dangerclose, I've watched all the clips from the 2009 and 2010 BRC and it is truly inspiring to see some of the best Rangers in the U.S Army compete. I will definitely be watching the stream and I hope everything goes as planned. This is great for us DEPS to be able to watch this.

Thank you,
Damien
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke

Return to “The News Dump”