SITREP - Kraddy

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Kraddy
Tadpole

SITREP - Kraddy

Post by Kraddy »

Just finished BCT, on 36 hour this weekend. My mom flew down to visit, so far I've just been hanging out at the hotel resting and eating civilian food. IHOP this morning was heaven after 9 weeks of fake eggs at the DFAC
OSUT is going by quickly, been having a lot of fun and pushing through the parts that suck.
Our whole company got classed as 11C so we'll be getting serious on the mortar training in the next few weeks. We've already had some hands om with them, mounting and small/large deflections. I've got the basics down but need some more practice.
PT wise I find myself coming up a bit short. I scored a 247 last week. Really wish I had pushed myself harder before my ship date, but wishing doesn't do me much good. Pushups do though and I've been making sure to do extra PT during personal time. I did shoot expert 36/40 though. I know I could've done better but I shot 36 the first iteration on pre-qual day and didn't get to shoot again on actual qualification day whereas some guys who shot 38-40 had done it like 3 times before. I suppose expert is expert nonetheless.
Willis and I are in the same company,
Ship date: 20110124
Kraddy
Tadpole

Re: SITREP - Kraddy

Post by Kraddy »

Excuse the double post but I'm posting from an android and couldn't get back to the end of the text box.
Willis and I are in the same company but different platoons. He's doing well also but I'm sure he'll post a SITREP of his own.
Ship date: 20110124
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: SITREP - Kraddy

Post by Ndog275 »

Wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first, right? :lol:

Keep doing PT on your own, every chance you get. Are the turds in your basic training platoon going to laugh at you? Probably, but fuck them, they're losers now and will be losers for the rest of their miserable existence. Commandos do sucky things to be better warriors that sheep don't want to do. What happens to sheep?....They get slaughtered. Only you know how bad you want it. Remember there's two types of soldier in the Army....Rangers and those that got a story about why they're not a Ranger. Which one are you going to be?

Good job on shooting expert the first time. That tells me that your head was in the right place during your training. Fuck those losers that got 80 attempts, you don't get multiple attempts to shoot the bad guys in combat. You did it right the first time 8) Keep up the good shooting.

One day at time, one event at a time. Have a good one and don't quit. RLTW!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “Letters from School”