Learning Ranger Creed while getting fit

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Treadstone71
Embryo

Post by Treadstone71 »

I thought I would share this with my fellow option 40 faithful. I created this myself.

This is one killer way to recite the Ranger Creed while improving your push ups. Your gonna fail it the first time it's really painful. Alright well here it is

10 proper push ups.

Hold push up position.

Recite out loud.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger.
Fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession.
I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high espirit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

10 proper push ups

Hold push up position.

Recite out loud.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier.
Who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air.
I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.

10 proper push ups

Hold push up position.

Recite out loud

Never shall I fail my comrades.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight.
And I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some.

10 proper form push ups

Hold push up position.

Recite out loud

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier.
My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

10 proper form push ups

Hold push up position.

Recite out loud.

Energetically will I face the enemies of my country.
I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might.
Surrender is not a Ranger word.
I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

10 proper form push ups

Hold push up position.

Recite out loud.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude.
Required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission.
Though I be the lone survivor.

1 explosive push up
while doing yell as loud as you can Rangers Lead the Way!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Try to do this 3 times a day it'll improve not only your push ups, but will help in remembering the Ranger Creed.
Last edited by Treadstone71 on February 16th, 2011, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What outfit is this?" "5th Rangers!" "Well then Goddammit, Rangers, lead the way!"

"Never give up!" "Never surrender!" "To infinite and beyond!"
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Learning Ranger Creed while getting fit

Post by Baseplate »

Richard Cranium wrote:What are "partial" push ups?
You know, the ones where your PT test grader goes 4...4....4...4...4...4
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Treadstone71
Embryo

Post by Treadstone71 »

Ranger Zone IV I'm not saying that's exactly what I'm gonna do in front of a Ranger PT grader. I know when going to Basic, Airborne, and RASP I'm gonna have to do the proper push up. The partial push up helps because I was not used to working out, so starting slow is a must I don't want to injure myself. As soon as I'm able to handle it I'll upgrade the first 3 sets of this workout to the proper push up. The partial push up is just a precaution that's all.
"What outfit is this?" "5th Rangers!" "Well then Goddammit, Rangers, lead the way!"

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

A better solution is to do the full range of the arm movement and if nessisary, go to your knees, instead of you feet
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Treadstone71
Embryo

Post by Treadstone71 »

I just did it today

Push ups 62 in 2:00
Sit ups 83 in 2:00
2 mile run in 12:25
Pull Ups 15 max

I'm aiming higher than all that I hope to be one of the top grads at RASP, so I can be offered the privilege of going to Ranger School.

With that out is that in the 300 range or is it below?

Sparks24
Future Soldier

Post by Sparks24 »

Treadstone71,

http://www.la.ngb.army.mil/156band/apft.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This says its from 1998 but the scores remain the same.
Discipline is a bitch, but once you master it, there's nothing quite like it.
-Anonymous
LostintheSauce
Tadpole

Post by LostintheSauce »

Treadstone71 wrote:I just did it today

Push ups 62 in 2:00
Sit ups 83 in 2:00
2 mile run in 12:25
Pull Ups 15 max

I'm aiming higher than all that I hope to be one of the top grads at RASP, so I can be offered the privilege of going to Ranger School.

With that out is that in the 300 range or is it below?
Treadstone71,

Your score is 288 points. You maxed both sit ups and your run. You need ten more to max your push ups. I recommend downloading some pre-made excel spreadsheets that can calculate your PT Test score. I have one for that very purpose and use it to check my score after every PT test.
Treadstone71
Embryo

Post by Treadstone71 »

Fuck Yeah. I'm proud of myself, but I really shouldn't gloat now. Still a long way to go. Where can I download some?

Return to “About Army Physical Training”