Rangers, I need some advice

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

LostintheSauce
Tadpole

Re: Rangers, I need some advice

Post by LostintheSauce »

Just remember that losing, quitting, and surrender is un-American.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Echo Two One wrote:Just remember that losing, quitting, and surrender is un-American.
and you're qualified to give advise based on what?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

One day the war will be over. You can either be a part of the upcoming history book, or just read about it. I guess it all boils down to what you "really" want to do.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hitchafide wrote:-Update-
I talked to an Army Recruiter today, and she told me that Army station hasn't gave out an Army Ranger contract in a little over two years. Does this sound right? I told her if I don't get it, I'm walking. So, I asked her again politely, she said I have to become Special Forces first, THEN go Rangers :lol: . I'm not expert, but I know this is FALSE. I just walked out and said "thank you." I'll most likely go back to the same station next week, and try and find someone who knows what they are talking about or call another station a few hours away and see if I can get one from them.

Have you guys heard anything like this before?
First of all, we are not "you guys." We are "you," but everyone here with the honorific Ranger in our screen name are verified as being graduates of Ranger School or veteran members of the 75th Ranger Regiment. That said, you are correct that Option 40 is available from time to time. Recruiters have a monthly quota, that''s how they are judged as successful. It takes more time and effort to recruit a Ranger than it does most other skills. Keep reading threads in the site and you will learn more about how the recruiting process works.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
F.S. Corey
Ranger

Post by F.S. Corey »

hitchafide wrote: I talked to an Army Recruiter today, and she told me that Army station hasn't gave out an Army Ranger contract in a little over two years. Does this sound right?
That could be right. My recruiter told me in the 2.5 years he has been recruiting I am the first person he has ever gotten an 11X Opt. 40 contract for. He has had others come in and try to get Opt. 40's and even just had a recruit graduate RS in Feb. but they were only able to get 11X contracts. They are rare but with the right circumstances you might be able to get one, if not then prove you can make it and just excel in OSUT like many others have done.

Good luck and have a good one.
Mentor: Ranger Ndog275
11C Mortars
RASP Class 04-12
2/75
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

hey stud, how bout you reply to Jim on the input he gave you.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
seazah
Ranger

Post by seazah »

Just my 2 cents, I got out at 27 (shortly after turned 28) and started college again. I had 3 semesters prior to joining which was a huge plus for me (promotion points, writing monthly counseling, writing awards/NCOER's). If I could go back and do it all again I would have at least gotten my associates prior to joining. At my age I'm much more disciplined and attentive to my studies as opposed to my 18-20 yr old self but realistically it's a little challenging juggling a job and going to school full time (17 credits). Granted no one is shooting at me or trying to blow me up but it's a different animal. Wars come and go and yes every young fire pisser wants to be tested on the "mean streets" to see/prove their worth, just make sure you've listed all your pro's and con's and done your homework. Good luck!
Sniper CL 702-05
RS 11-08
2-3 IN 2003-2010
NYARNG 2010-present

Return to “The Mosh Pit”