Introduction - Kyle

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Kyle

Post by Steadfast »

zayev wrote:Helly, everyone.

My name is Kyle Larson, born in Arizona. I've read through the forums many times over the past year to ultimately prepare myself for joining the Rangers, and it has been incredibly useful towards that end. Sadly, I have a GED. No excuse for that. Ultimately I hope that the preparations I have made for the physical training and get a high ASVAB score will help mend the dumb decision I made in Highschool. Either way, I will be joining soon and will be going down to the recruiters in order to obtain (hopefully) and Option 40.

Either way, I look forward to joining.
Welcome zayev.

So you read (on ArmyRanger.com) on what you must do in addition of your GED diploma? It's not just GED but Home Schooled grads so GED is a good start. I'm sure there are a few topics about GED + additional college credits you must get to join the Rangers.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

I suppose a GED is a hell of a lot better than just quitting.

Just FYI,
I know plenty of people that worked full time and supported themselves 100% while taking 12 to 15 hours per semester (without student loans). Is this not possible for you? Sure, it would take 25 hour days, but so what?
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

You cannot join the army with JUST a GED at this time. Occasionally the Army will open up limited slots once in a blue moon, and when I mean limited I'm talking 5 for an entire Brigade. If you are serious about joining the Army you will sign up for 15 credits worth of classes, it doesnt matter what they are as long as they are 100 level or above. After you enroll in 15 credits worth, you can DEP in, once you complete the 15 credits you can ship out. How high you score on the ASVAB has nothing to do with it (but everything to do with getting opt. 40). Take out some student loans, get enrolled in classes, and drive on. You don't need to go to harvard, a local community college will do.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”