RIP: 1Lt Daren M. Hidalgo

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

RIP: 1Lt Daren M. Hidalgo

Post by garyedolan »

1Lt Daren M. Hidalgo, of Pennsylvania, finished his last mission on February 20th 2011 while conducting combat operations near Mama Kiriz, Afghanistan. Daren was a 2005 graduate of Dallastown Area High School.

His father Jorge Hidalgo said, "My boys all decided to go into the military”. “ Daren was hard working and willing to take on a challenge, but also kind-hearted and the "sparkle in everyone's eye." Aside from his military career, Daren Hidalgo was "one heck of a good athlete," his father said.” He was a phenomenal man, very athletic, and he participated in some of the toughest schools the military offers — the ones most people don't even attempt," Jorge Hidalgo told The Freeman of Waukesha.

Dave Gable, Daren Hidalgo's high school wrestling coach in Pennsylvania, said the youth was an outstanding wrestler.” He was the type of person that everybody loved," Gable told the York Daily Record. "He had a magnetic personality, a big smile, and was generally happy about everything that was going on."

Dallastown Area High School Principal Alan Fauth said Daren Hidalgo was a mentor to younger students in the wrestling program.

"I've known tens of thousands of kids," Fauth told the York Dispatch. "I put Daren in the top 10."Fauth said he is planning a memorial service for Hidalgo on Wednesday, starting the day with an announcement on the school's student television broadcast and asking for a moment of silence. He said he has also asked the school's Junior Color Guard to stand at attention in the lobby all day in honor of Hidalgo.

"We're just going to have a very visual reminder of what war is and, unfortunately, one of our students paid the ultimate price," Fauth said.

After High School, Hidalgo went on to graduate from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in 2009. He completed Infantry Officer Basic Course, Airborne, Ranger, Army Combatives and Stryker Leader Course at Fort Benning, Ga.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Re: RIP: 1Lt Daren M. Hidalgo

Post by Lefty »

RIP Warrior.

Drive on, Rangers, we will meet at the rally point....
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Rest in Peace Ranger.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

DAMN!........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Just have no clue what else to say. RIP.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Rest in Peace, your friends and family will miss you for what you were, we will all miss you for all you may have accomplished.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
redcon1
Ranger

Post by redcon1 »

This kid was local to me.. I attended the HS Wrestling sectionals where they announced his appointment to USMA.

RIP, young Ranger.
Dave
RS Class 5-91

"Freedom isn't Free"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

RIP, Sir! Prayers out for his family and friends.

~S~
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537