Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Sparks24
Future Soldier

Option 40

Post by Sparks24 »

Rangers,

I enlisted as an 11X. Today I went to my recruiter to get an Option 40 as there are some out there now. However when I got there he informed me that he couldn't just add the option 40 onto my contract or reserve it for me at MEPS, and that I would have to go to MEPs to re-no my contract and hope that an option 40 was in the system. I'm just wondering about how much truth there is to this. I called the Ranger Recruiting Team and the 1st SGT I spoke to told me that he could in fact reserve it for me and then I would just go to MEPs and sign it. The 1st SGT then asked to speak with my recruiter and I believe he informed them of this as well. However, they still say I have to go to MEPs, drop my 11X and then start all over with the hope of having an Option 40 with it. Currently I'm probably just going to go to MEPs, drop my contract and see if there is an 11X with Option 40 available. If there isn't then my recruiters all ready informed me that my DEP status will be gone and they won't work with me after, which I'm fine with. Any input on the situation would be much appreciated.

-Thomas
Discipline is a bitch, but once you master it, there's nothing quite like it.
-Anonymous
Sparks24
Future Soldier

Re: Option 40

Post by Sparks24 »

Update, doing a re-no on my contract to include option 40 next week. Hopefully there will still be some when it is sent up. Will keep updated.
Discipline is a bitch, but once you master it, there's nothing quite like it.
-Anonymous

Return to “Recruitment Process”