Sore Muscles....

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Sore Muscles....

Post by Kelly-Belly »

This might be a really dumb question, but I figured ya'll would be the best ones to ask. I have been going to the gym for the past couple of days and yesterday my personal trainer made me do lower body conditioning. Now, I have pretty strong legs because I ride horses every day competitively and I didn't think I would have a problem. Now today, my calves are SCREAMING and it's okay if I'm walking around alot, like if I'm at work, but when I sit for more than 5 minutes and then move, it's hurts so bad, I feel like an old person, lol. I was wondering if ya'll had any suggestions for relieving soreness, like massage or whatever, any tips would be very much appreciated! Thanks again guys!
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Sore Muscles....

Post by Bugsy »

Kelly-Belly wrote:This might be a really dumb question, but I figured ya'll would be the best ones to ask. I have been going to the gym for the past couple of days and yesterday my personal trainer made me do lower body conditioning. Now, I have pretty strong legs because I ride horses every day competitively and I didn't think I would have a problem. Now today, my calves are SCREAMING and it's okay if I'm walking around alot, like if I'm at work, but when I sit for more than 5 minutes and then move, it's hurts so bad, I feel like an old person, lol. I was wondering if ya'll had any suggestions for relieving soreness, like massage or whatever, any tips would be very much appreciated! Thanks again guys!
Well lil darlin, besides a good old fashioned rubdown (and I heard you Bo is in pre-ranger or somethin like that.....so that seems outta the question) Next best thing is a nice hot bath. And then do some stretching exercises, sit on the floor or stand straight up and touch your toes (you might want to make sure nobody of the male persuasion is standing behind you before you do that) :wink: or you might feel somethin else that'll take your mind off the pain, lol
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
ChipOnShoulder

Sore muscles.

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

sore muscles are caused from a buildup of lactic acid. A rubdown or even a cold shower should cause your muscles to contract, "sqweezing" the lactic acid out of them. Recovery from sore muscles depends on age, physical fitness and frequency/intensity of use. Make sure and stretch before and after each workout session and the problem should be resolved within a week or two.

Lots of TLC,

Russ Cook

Return to “Medical Issues”