Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ironman715
Egg

Introduction

Post by Ironman715 »

My name is Mike, I am 28 and I am married with an 8 year old son. I am currently considering joing the Airborne Army National Guard unit down in TX as a 13F. I have future aspirations to attend Ranger school and thought this forum would be a wealth of knowledge. I want to start small and be in an Airborne unit and after a few years of learning the job and how the unit works and possibly(more than likely it would seem) a deployment would like to earn the added honor of being able to become a fully tabbed Ranger.

I hope to get real insights from those who are there and have been there about being in the Army, in an Airborne unit and more important to me is the effect things can have on a family. I

Thank you for a great site and allowing me into your web community.

'Mike
Semper Gumby- Always maintain a rigid state of flexibility.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

13F is a very good MOS. We have great Rangers on this site that have proved themselves in the past & in the present as 13F.

Welcome here.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kahuna22
Inprocessing

Post by Kahuna22 »

I was a 13F in the 1st Bn. a long time ago. That's a good MOS and you will learn a lot. More if you develop a self study program to increase your knowledge and skills. Stay focused.
HHC, 1-75, FSCOORD NCO
76-78
AH-1S, AH-64A Pilot
79-96
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

If you want to do all that stuff, I'd recommend signing up soon. But you don't have to take my word for it.

P.S. The hardest thing for your family is probably the fact that you'll be gone to either training or a deployment, both of which they can not accompany you. If they can stomach that, you need to prepare a plan so that all the needs they have will be take care of when you are gone.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10

Return to “Introduction Archive”