Breaks in the Ranger Creed

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
600rr
Embryo

Re: Breaks in the Ranger Creed

Post by 600rr »

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger/fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession/ I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige/honor/and high esprit de corps of my Ranger regiment.
Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger/is a more elite soldier/who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land/sea/or air/I accept the fact that as a Ranger/my country expects me to move further/faster/and fight harder than any other soldier.
Never shall I fail my comrades/ I will always keep myself mentally alert/physically strong/and morally straight/and I will shoulder more than my share of the task/whatever it may be/100% and then some.
Gallantly will I show the world/that I am a specially selected and more well trained soldier/My courtesy to superior officers/neatness of dress/and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country/I shall defeat them on the field of battle/for I am better trained and will fight with all my might/ Surrender is not a Ranger word/I will never leave a fallen commrade/to fall into the hands of the enemy/and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
Readily will I display/the intestinal fortidute required/to fight on the Ranger objective/and complete the mission/thou I be the lone survivor.

Rangers lead the way
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

KW Driver wrote:well .'s post is actually a contraction of "who is this "They" of which you speak?"

they in this case being a single group of pronoun people. thus, the singular verb use.
Fuck! Where's my red pen?!!!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Necropost definition:

Digging up and replying to a post that has been inactive for more than a year.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

rgrokelley wrote:
KW Driver wrote:well .'s post is actually a contraction of "who is this "They" of which you speak?"

they in this case being a single group of pronoun people. thus, the singular verb use.
Fuck! Where's my red pen?!!!

thought you taught history.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Oto-Man wrote:Thank God for this IntraWeb stuff!!!!!

Back in the day, a long time ago, before hand held GPS, Cell Phones, and all, we actually had to show the hell up and find out neat little things like "Breaks in the Creed...."

Really...... who would REALLY concern themselves with THAT....??????

(BTW stud, Ranger Silverback is screwing with you a little....the end of the first stanza is not "Ranger Regiment" it's "Ranger Battallion". (RIP instructors and RI's just HATE when you refer to the Regiment as a whole big group....)

x 2 !!!!!

Last word of the first stanza IS Battalion, not that ' R " word ! :twisted:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

THEY have whole Battalions now????? :shock:

How's that working out :?:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “About RASP”