Pre-Rip PT program in Ranger Medic Packet.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: Pre-Rip PT program in Ranger Medic Packet.

Post by Ndog275 »

DocSwift wrote:Ranger Ndog I appreciate the link... I finally got the program...I'm going to start it this morning

Make your own luck dude. Ask questions, read everything on the site, bone up on Ranger history, memorize the Creed and keep us updated.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
shootingman99
Embryo

Post by shootingman99 »

Rangers,

I'm still decided about enlisting with an option 40 contract or taking my ROTC scholarship. Either way, I need to get in much better bodyweight pt and running shape, as I have focused on strength for the last year of working out (I've been working out for 1 1/2 years). If I do that 6 week program, I have a few questions:

1. What weight should I use for all the ruck marches?
2. I'm currently on a fairly simple weightlfiting routine with 4 days, focused around squats, military press, bench press, and deadlifts, with one day devoted to each:

Monday: Squats and assistance+ core
Tuesday: Miltary press and assistance +core
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Bench press and and assistance +core
Friday: Deadlift and assistance +core

I try to run 3 days a week. Basically right now my endurance sucks, I used to run a 5:14 mile when I was 6 foot 170, but I'm around 6 foot 195 now and much stronger (Deadlift 445, bench 275, though I am weaker cause I lost strength on a 5 day backpacking trip). So my question is: How can I work a 5 day pre-rip routine into that weightlifitng routine? Thank you I would appreciate any feedback.
DocSwift
US Army

Post by DocSwift »

Shooting man look back in this post on the 1st page it shows what weight you use for the 6 week program. You start off with 30 and then move up... I have not been doing that program I have been doing the PRE-RASP 12 week Prep that was provided in a link on the 1st page of this post by Ranger Ndog. Its can be a pretty decent workout IF you give it your ALL.

From the stats you are posting it sounds like you have more than enough strength and you said your endurance sucks. It sounds like you know what you need to fix
2BCT 10th MTN DIV.
2 CAB 1st AD- Army FCS
OIF 09-10
shootingman99
Embryo

Post by shootingman99 »

DocSwift wrote:Shooting man look back in this post on the 1st page it shows what weight you use for the 6 week program. You start off with 30 and then move up... I have not been doing that program I have been doing the PRE-RASP 12 week Prep that was provided in a link on the 1st page of this post by Ranger Ndog. Its can be a pretty decent workout IF you give it your ALL.

From the stats you are posting it sounds like you have more than enough strength and you said your endurance sucks. It sounds like you know what you need to fix
Thanks I am just trying to figure out a way to still do 4 days a week of lifting while doing that 6 week program... Maybe the program in the mornings lifting later on? BTW, my neighbor was in the 10th mountain division in the late 90's and shared some stories with me. It all boils down to: Fort Drum was fucking cold, the girls were all ugly. And oh yeah, it was fucking cold.
DocSwift
US Army

Post by DocSwift »

I can agree with what your neighbor said about Drum.... Its not bad to lift weights just make sure you are focusing on crucial points like being able to complete a 5 mile run in under 40 min., 12 mile Roadmarch in under 3 hours with a 45 lbs. rucksack. , Be able to complete an Army APFT with at least 80% in each event and 6 pull ups.
2BCT 10th MTN DIV.
2 CAB 1st AD- Army FCS
OIF 09-10
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

[/quote]Thanks I am just trying to figure out a way to still do 4 days a week of lifting while doing that 6 week program... Maybe the program in the mornings lifting later on? BTW, my neighbor was in the 10th mountain division in the late 90's and shared some stories with me. It all boils down to: Fort Drum was fucking cold, the girls were all ugly. And oh yeah, it was fucking cold.[/quote]

Fort Stewart was the same, only 50 degrees hotter, not the women, just the temperature.... :?
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
DocAnvil
US Army

Post by DocAnvil »

Hey DocS******, Im DocW***** (names deleted by Admin, PERSEC Violation - If you want to contact said indvidual PM the person.), Im in 1BCT 2-22LI 10TH MTN. Im headib down to 6th RTB soon and hopefully I'll be able to get into W1 and then ranger school and bat. as far as the pool situation, Mcgrath gym allows you to do the whole acu and rifle bit. also if you want help with PT, the guys down at the MLARM course are all rangers, and they have everything you need to practice up. They are super helpful for guys trying to get into ranger school. Also the pond has become a family area, so id stear clear of their cause the DIV SGM likes to go out there alot. If you wanna link up, I get back from Afghanistan in DEC, and could use a partner to prep for 6TH RTB and hopefully ranger school. ...........Side note, Ft. Drum is fucking cold....Im from florida though so guess it depends, but ya -30 degree weather every winter, and lake effect snow. Enough said.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”