Good To Be A Ranger

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

burly27
Embryo

Good To Be A Ranger

Post by burly27 »

So I'm NOT a RANGER, yet. So I ask to the ELITE RANGERS of now. I post on here my hardships i'm over coming to obtain a shot at RIP like evreyone else but I wonder; What hardships did the RANGERS on here have to over come to get the tab.

LCB
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Good To Be A Ranger

Post by cams »

Your post looks likes ass. Try again if you want someone to actually pay attention to it so it doesn't look like it was scribbled on the back of a placemat at Denny's.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

by someone using English as a second language.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »

I don't see anything wrong with my post but if it offended RANGERS, sorry not my intention.

LCB
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I don't see anything wrong with my post
burly27 wrote:So I'm NOT a RANGER, yet. So I ask to the ELITE RANGERS of now.I post on here my hardships i'm over coming to obtain a shot at RIP like evreyone else but I wonder; What hardships did the RANGERS on here have to over come to get the tab.

LCB
I am not an English teacher, but I have underlined a couple of the things that are either misspelled or awkwardly worded.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
KW Driver wrote:by someone using English as a second language.
Cams?
him too, fuckin' Yankee.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

KW Driver wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:
KW Driver wrote:by someone using English as a second language.
Cams?
him too, fuckin' Yankee.

:shock:

We prefer the term "northern boys", for obvious reasons.

To the young man posting, you didn't offend anyone, just my way of getting your ear, so that you'll pay better attention to your posts' before hitting the submit button.

It will only help in the long run young man. If it's a language issue, that's understandable, just a heads-up for you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »

Thanks RANGER Cams. I won't let it happen again.

LCB
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

burly27 wrote:Thanks RANGER Cams. I won't let it happen again.

LCB
No worries bud. Drive on to your objective, eyes and ears open, listen, learn, do as much PT as time allows then do some more. Don't quit no matter how much it hurts, your instructors won't let you die, on purpose.

Follow simple instructions, be where you're supposed to be wearing exactly what you're supposed to be, and as long as you don't quit or whine, you should be ok.

And lay off the CAPS button, it draws negative attention. Use it where it's supposed to be used and no more.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »

PT: Situps: 68 2 mins
Pushups: 58 2 mins
Pullups: 11
1 mile: 8:02
* running monday - friday, lifting every other day, swimming mondays for 30 mins

Got a long way to go.

LCB
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

ZoneIV wrote:
burly27 wrote:I post on here my hardships i'm over coming to obtain a shot at RIP
A "hardship" is that widow trying to raise small children all alone because her Ranger never made it back home from War. A "hardship" is that soldier who has to deal with disfiguring injuries and the loss of limbs due to a IED for the rest of his life. People do go through hardships in life but the telling thing about a person is how they deal with hardships thrown their way.

The fallout you are encountering (i.e. having trouble getting a contract) as a result from stealing someone else's money, getting arrested and only getting slapped on the wrist for your actions are not "hardships". They are "consequences".
burly27 wrote:What hardships did the RANGERS on here have to over come to get the tab.
Do you think this forum is an extension of the Dr. Phil Show that Rangers on this board want to have a mutual pity party by posting about their hardships? Are you looking for a way to feel better about your so-called "hardships"? Most on here simply quietly deal with whatever hardships that are thrown their way and drive on never quitting.

X2
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
burly27
Embryo

Post by burly27 »

You are right Ranger ZoneIV and Ranger rgrwest I have never felt the effects or hardships of war. The closest I have come and its a long way from a war is doing cpr on a man in his living room as his 8 year old daughter watches, or on a 5 year old boy as his mother and father watch; knowing the soul is lost but you never give up. I have the drive and now with this forum of information I have the way.
I regret my actions but there is nothing I can do now but pay the consequences for with I owe and move forward.

LCB

Return to “The Mosh Pit”