Introduction - Jon

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

JTP709
Egg

Introduction - Jon

Post by JTP709 »

Hello, my name is Jon. I'm 22 and a senior at Eastern Kentucky University majoring in Homeland Security, minoring in Criminal Justice. I spent two years in the KYANG until a knee injury prevented me from becoming MOS qualified.

I plan on reenlisting into the big Army after I graduate and want to pursue an 11x Option 40 contract. I understand it will be a long, hard road ahead (first step is actually getting option 40 in my contract), but I'm willing to fight all the way. I'm here to listen, learn, and soak up everything I can.

Thank you guys for what you've done and what you're doing.

Jon
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction - Jon

Post by Disinfertention »

Welcome to the site.

What are your thoughts of being an Officer?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
JTP709
Egg

Re: Introduction - Jon

Post by JTP709 »

I was in ROTC for a year at UofL, transferred to EKU and decided ROTC wasn't for me. While I enjoyed my time at the Cardinal Battalion, I didn't enroll at EKU's ROTC because I don't really know if being an Officer is really for me. I was only in for a year and didn't contract or take a scholarship. I enjoyed my time with my guard, and I figure if I change my mind by the time I graduate OCS is still an option. Being an officer was more or less the only way my father would approve of me being in the military, but I've long since decided my future will be what I want it to be.

Return to “Introduction Archive”