moral question

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RetPara
Ranger

Re: moral question

Post by RetPara »

You probably threw any chance of getting a clearance to clean toilets out the window when you registered on this site. Then once further examination of your past shows that have personally ASSOCIATED with these individuals.... well... how good are you with a pick and shovel? OR you may have a bright future in the fast food industry...

The persec investigators are years behind in their investigations. How else could this twit that pushed the data dump to wiki gotten his?

Now if your looking at a secret all that will be done is a simple db check to see if you have any outstanding warrants, convictions, or other charges. Now if you have a juvie record that is supposed to be sealed.... not so much. All of that gets reported to the FBI and their db's are not sealed; so it will come to the surface. For TS and Echelons above reality... there are a number of various flavors of a investigation that will include the aforementioned records check. That is where everyone that you listed on a reference will be visited, your HS, local PD, church. The investigators will also solicit more names of people to talk to. There is a required depth to query people who know you. However, if you look too good to be true or your home AO is a high TDY per diem area, or something doesn't look right... they can go deeper.

When my first background was done the investigators spent three days in my home town. The closest motel was a 45 min drive (one way). We had 500 kids K-12 with a 850 sq Mile School district. They talked to people who I didn't know, but knew me.... Like the one farmer they flagged down on a dirt road looking for directions when they got lost...

If you want to download the files, use your girl\boy friends computer; then put it on a zip drive.
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

NeverSayDie wrote:
CloakAndDagger wrote: (other than the fact that I'm sure the security investigators are getting pushed harder these days to make sure the people they grant clearances to are trustworthy).
CloakAndDagger,

This is what Im worried about. While it my not be a disqualifier in-and-of-itself, and while I've never been convicted, my past is somewhat sketchy and I dont want to do anything that would add any additional skeptisism to the mind of my DoD interveiwer. Especialy a DoD interveiwer that after incidents like Ft.Hood and now this, will be very consience of coverering his own six. On the other hand keeping close track of the war is an enourmous boost to my motivation and focus on my objective, and the classified nature of it alone has me staring at the link like it grew a pair of 34DD tits.
The investigators care more that you are honest when you answer their questions, than if your past is perfect. If you are man enough to confess your mistakes, you are also man enough not to be blackmailed by them. Keeping your finances in order is another priority, if you have some debt to pay off, work on reducing it, even if it means Mac 'N' Cheese or Ramen an extra night a week. In general, being able to show self-control goes a long way.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Lunch wrote:
RetPara wrote:You probably threw any chance of getting a clearance to clean toilets out the window when you registered on this site. Then once further examination of your past shows that have personally ASSOCIATED with these individuals.... well... how good are you with a pick and shovel?
That said, a decent living in delightful locations can be had in these professions. 8)

And oh, btw: if you are salivating at the opportunity to puruse all these leaked documents, does that mean you are finished with my book? Just sayin' :| .
Ranger Lunch,

PM Inbound
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

What really is the definition of a leak? In this instance the "leak" was a release of classified information. Generally any unauthorized release of protected information is a referred to as a leak

Apparently, said information was availableto many different groups of people. The availability of information on a classified network does not reduce or remove said information's security categorization.

It has been said that perhaps someone had the ass about something, and sought retribution. Spoken like a career Spec 4. Who cares that someone had the ass??? Does having your feelings hurt justify endangering the lives of fellow service members???

The fact that this has happened is not at all surprising. That it took this long to happen is. You shouldn't be surprised...you should be appalled. An American service member has violated the trust of the nation. It is a black eye for everyone who serves or has served when stuff like this happens.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Silverback wrote:What really is the definition of a leak? In this instance the "leak" was a release of classified information. Generally any unauthorized release of protected information is a referred to as a leak

Apparently, said information was availableto many different groups of people. The availability of information on a classified network does not reduce or remove said information's security categorization.

It has been said that perhaps someone had the ass about something, and sought retribution. Spoken like a career Spec 4. Who cares that someone had the ass??? Does having your feelings hurt justify endangering the lives of fellow service members???

The fact that this has happened is not at all surprising. That it took this long to happen is. You shouldn't be surprised...you should be appalled. An American service member has violated the trust of the nation. It is a black eye for everyone who serves or has served when stuff like this happens.
Sir, thank you for your input....points well taken.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”