Intro for Jake TheSnake

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

TheSnake
Embryo

Intro for Jake TheSnake

Post by TheSnake »

Hey Everybody,

My name is Jake, I'm 27, and just signed up to be a 42A with the 40 option, and I am super stoked! I graduate from college here in a couple months, and joining the Army was the best decision I've ever made (besides getting married to my awesome wife, and having 2 wonderful kids). The only downfall is I have to wait until the end of November to enter BCT. It does however give me time to get into shape. A quick question for ya'll. After reading the rules, I cannot find where the DEPs gallery of images I'm supposed to choose my avatar from. If someone could help me find that I'd appreciate it.

I am not much for waiting for things to happen to me, and it is driving me crazy having to wait so long before I enter BCT, but it just gives me that much more time to prepare myself physically and mentally for the task ahead.

I want to thank all ya'll who have served and who are serving, and I hope to earn your respect in the future and earn my place among you.
Ship Date: 22Nov2010
42A Opt. 40
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Intro for Jake TheSnake

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for enlisting with the intent of being a Ranger.

November may seem a bit of a wait but it does give you time to prepare yourself both physically and mentally. You will find that you will be challenged in both areas. Take this time to read all of the information on this forum and then use it to prepare yourself. Never, never quit.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
TheSnake
Embryo

Post by TheSnake »

Thank you Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds. I started doing push ups and sit ups for the first time in a while a couple weeks ago, and I've improved to 45, I know that's really sad, but it's better than where I was, and I'm on my way to improving that to over a hundred before I leave for BCT. My recruiter keeps telling me that I'll get into shape at BCT, but I'd rather be able to concentrate on learning everything than trying to only improve my physical abilities.

I've learned a lot about what to try and do to increase my strength and stamina on this site, but what has worked best for ya'll? Thanks.
Ship Date: 22Nov2010
42A Opt. 40
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting for the opportunity to become an Army Ranger. Actually your November ship date is good for you becasue you need the time to get in shape. Your goals need to be 90 push-ups and sit-ups in two minutes, a two mile run time of around 12 minutes and a dozen pull-ups. Get working. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. We appreciate you desire to serve as an Army Ranger.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introduction Archive”