RASP Slot

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
MikeZDM
Infantryman

RASP Slot

Post by MikeZDM »

Hello Rangers,
I just graduated OSUT on Thursday May 27th, and I'm in Airborne hold until this upcoming Thursday. I was wondering how would I be able to get a slot for RASP. I tried to get one while in OSUT. But, I was told by the civilian contractor, who handles the contracts and papers for my company, that I met the PT standards with a 283 on my last PT test, but that I was 2 points shy on my GT score, with a 105GT score and I needed a 107. I was told by my Recruiting Station's Station Commander, that if I was unable to get a slot, he would try to pull some strings to get me one.

I've heard about a 2 point GT waiver, but when I asked about this during OSUT, they laughed at me and said that I was talking crap. The reason I joined the Army was to become an Airborne Ranger and I know that I was foolish to believe the words of my Recruiter and the MEPs personnel, but I trust the word of the Station Commander at the Recruiting Station. I've tried my hardest during OSUT to gain a high PT score, even though it's not a 300. I've down all I could think of to get this RASP Slot, but now that I'm told that my GT score is 2 points low, I feel like I've failed.

So now I'm asking for help, if any Rangers here know what I should do next. Any advice is greatly appreciated and I thank anyone who reads this and can help me. Lastly I would like to thank everyone here who is in the military for their service. Thank you Rangers. Happy Memorial Day.
Future Soldier
11x Opt 4
Ship Date: 20100209
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: RASP Slot

Post by K.Ingraham »

Find the Ranger laison NCO there at jump school, or the Ranger recruiting team at Regiment. The exact POC can be found at the Ft Benning web site, or in the old fashioned phone book.
See the base education center about retaking the ASVAB & getting those two points - which might also cost you points if you dont do as well.
But, if you aren't willing to assume risk, you have no place in the Regiment anyway.

Get on it ASAP but realize that this is a long shot, there is a reason for the standards that are set & waivers just render standards meaningless.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Chettle
Inprocessing

Re: RASP Slot

Post by Chettle »

When you are inprocessing for Airborne at some point a rep from the Ranger Bat will come talk to everyone that has or wants a RASP contract. Talk to the rep. If you want to be in the Bat you will find a way.

Return to “Letters from School”