SGTJenks

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

leroyjenkins
Inprocessing

SGTJenks

Post by leroyjenkins »

Hello,

I am SGTJenks. I am 22 years old and currently an E5 in the Army Reserves, which I have been in for a little over four years. I grew up with both parents in the Army (father is currently SSG and mother is a retired MSG) and I always wanted to follow in their footsteps. The Army is what I know and it's what I love. I love taking care of my soldiers, even when they sometimes act like idiots (which is very rare). When I first decided to enlist, I wanted to enlist as 11X option 40, but instead decided to continue my education and enlist in the Reserves. I graduated from Western Kentucky University in 2009 and was accepted to OCS to continue my military career as an Active Duty Commissioned Officer (class date 03Jan2011). I regret enlisting in the Reserves over Active Duty only because it is extremely difficult to deploy (I've been volunteering continuously for four years and haven't deployed) but at the same time I don't since I wouldn't have met my wife, who is very supportive of what I wish to do (her father is a retired SMG). Through OCS, I plan on working my *** off in order to branch Infantry. My long term goal is to complete Ranger School and try my damndest at SFAS when the time comes. From what I've read on ArmyOCS.com, as an officer, you only get one shot at the SFAS and I'd feel like I failed myself if I didn't at least try. From what I've read so far, the admins/mods in this forum are very knowledgeable and I thank them for the time they put into this. If there are any questions or anything I need to clarify, please don't hestitate to ask. Thank you.

SGT J
5010th USAH 06-07
4th Region, USARC 07-08
7218th MSU 08-09
IBOLC
Ranger School Class 06-12
OEF 12, 1-101 AASLT
2-2IN, 16-present
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: SGTJenks

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your service. One of the Admins will be along and will switch your post to the proper forum thread.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for acceptance to OCS. Your plan is right on... work your ass off and graduate among the top of your class to branch Infantry.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
leroyjenkins
Inprocessing

Post by leroyjenkins »

RANGER al_2ndWolfhounds,

I wasn't sure of where to post my intro. Beings that I am currently in the Reserves, I'm still a college option for OCS. I'm in the same category as any other regular guy coming straight off the streets into OCS. I posted where my current status puts me and since I'm technically a DEP for 09S (I even have to go to Future Soldier meetings) and an E5, you can see the conflict. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

SGT J
5010th USAH 06-07
4th Region, USARC 07-08
7218th MSU 08-09
IBOLC
Ranger School Class 06-12
OEF 12, 1-101 AASLT
2-2IN, 16-present
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Moved. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country. Good luck and work your butt off!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome Youngster. Enjoy your journey as you seek your goals. Thank you for your service to our country.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Welcome here, Buck Sergeant !

Don't wanna let ya down or anything, but Sergeant ( E-5 ) was the best damn job in the Army I ever had !! Team Leaders are always in front, always first through the door, always first to be in the shit, and always leading the way. Just my .02

You may find that being a Officer is a good fit for you. Work your butt off and hopefully obtain Infantry. If you are REALLY lucky, you might get to spend a year or so in the Regiment. But Ranger School and SFAS are excellent goals.

Enjoy the site. ALOT to learn here.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Welcome Stud! Sounds like you have it all worked out and your head on straight so "good on you" and "good luck to you!"
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “Introduction Archive”