General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

merlyn
Tadpole

Re: Werewolves!

Post by merlyn »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
merlyn wrote:Although it is a strange group of people, they come from all
walks of life; and have the right to express themselves.
Agreed?
I agree that assholes, who possess the right to express themselves, remain assholes…….

I entered that post with tongue in cheek. You are right, Zonk. As much as we all search for an
indentity, some folks (like these) make such poor choices; that they actually only succeed in
alienating themselves. Go figure.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Proud of a son who wears makeup, long hair, fangs, a tail, and puts a leash on himself... Nice one, mom. The kids are lost, because their parents are lost.

It's just about as ridiculous as the Army recognizing "Jedi Knight" as a religion. First time I find one of them I am going to take him to the mockup rig out back and tell him that we're going to see who's got the stronger force push ability.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

JohnDowland wrote:It's just about as ridiculous as the Army recognizing "Jedi Knight" as a religion.
You're not serious are you?
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

I asked the outgoing chaplain the same question when he mentioned it. Apparently these guys have a website, a code of conduct, and some type of membership, enough elements so that the Army recognizes it as a religion of sorts. Some guys list "Jedi" on their ID tags.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

JohnDowland wrote:I asked the outgoing chaplain the same question when he mentioned it. Apparently these guys have a website, a code of conduct, and some type of membership, enough elements so that the Army recognizes it as a religion of sorts. Some guys list "Jedi" on their ID tags.
WTF !!!???

No freaking fraking way !!!

Its a freaking movie !!!! :roll:

Of course, a few of us did try to get " Spectre " on our dog tags once back in the day......the Army didn't buy it. Apparently worshipping a gun ship was not considered a religion.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

someone will probably not be happy with mine that read evangelical agnostic.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RANGER513 wrote:I thought I saw werewolve once.........

but she was kissing Cams over at the Madigan Club, so I guess it was a chick. Still not sure on that one.
That was a cougar -- not a werewolf.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :shock:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

I am a Jedi.
I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
In pardoning that we are pardoned;
And in dying that we are born to eternal life.

I'm no Bible Scholar but these sound a lot like lessons of the Christian Religions just worded differently.

Did you see the legal disclaimer at the top of the page to keep George Lucas off their case.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”