Introduction - Geoff

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jrgong
Embryo

Introduction - Geoff

Post by jrgong »

My first name is Geoffrey and I will more than likely by joining the Army soon with an Option 40 contract. The only reason I have yet to join is because I am not yet fit enough. I am going to start running soon to get my endurance up to par with what I believe is where it needs to be (aiming for a 35 min 5 mile).

High School graduate, working full time for now.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Geoff

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve.

You need to do a bit of reading on this site so that you better understand it scope and purpose. It is a great information source for those desiring to serve. You need to check the proper way to do an introduction. When you have you may want to provide additional information. Read and learn then ask questions.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Thank you for your interest for wanting to serve in the Regiment. Tell us a bit more about yourself & your desire to become a Ranger.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated. And 5 miles in 40 minutes is good to go. What's more important is your score on the Army PT test. How are you doing with that? Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
jrgong
Embryo

Post by jrgong »

Rangers,

Thank you for the responses. My reasoning for the 75th is simple, if you want to join the Army you should strive to surround yourself with people who are the best at what they do and want to be where they are. If you have to go into combat you should be with the most well trained, as well. This not only guarantees you'll complete your objective, but that you make it back as well (or it'll increase your chances substantially, I'd imagine).

As far as PT goes, I unfortunately slacked on the Push Ups and the Running but I am getting back into it. Speed isn't a problem, I just get soreness in my shins easily so I have to take it real easy for a month or two; running on concrete/asphalt most likely does not help. I am in good physical shape, I can do Pull Ups and Dips with attached weight, as well as a decent amount of single-leg squats (pistols).

I've downloaded the RAW v3 PT program from the public 75th RR website and have incorporated some of the exercises into my routine. I say some because my meat and butter is not body weight exercise alone, although the RAW program has a few weighted exercises involved (most of which I do already). I'm working my way back up with Push Ups using the APFT Improvement sticky on this website, adding 3 reps every week and I'm at about 29 for 3 sets right now. Working on flutter kicks as well, and I have purchased the strongest resistance band available (gold) to further work my hip abductors and so forth.
jrgong
Embryo

Post by jrgong »

Any comments/feedback?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

jrgong wrote:Any comments/feedback?

Yes, I think you ought to 1st answer HakweeRgr question and any info you have beyond an introduction can be moved by you to prolly to:
About Army Physical Training forum.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”