Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by K.Ingraham »

Besides busting your butt on serious PT, start studying.
Get a current Ranger Handbook and learn the textbook oporders and such. Practice the knots and learn the weapons you have access to but don't routinely operate. Learn the Creed now. Draw your strength from the weakness that surrounds you.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Bigger Konkrete
US Army

Post by Bigger Konkrete »

I should complete my reenlistment next week if all works out. There's no fucking way I'm not going to do this.

My PT right now is Crossfit Football. I just do it because it works a lot of legs but it all works the rest of the body, too. Once I get back to the States where I can run routinely then I'm going to start that more often.

I have access from an M9 up to the .50cal. I just don't have access to the Mk19 or anything larger than that.

I've got the current Ranger Handbook. The OpOrders are such a bitch, though. So I'm still learning those.

And for the weakness around me, I think Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down explains it best:

"Wow. I mean you just nailed it. You just hit it on the head. You're sayin I can get back on top again. Ya man, I gotta remember that I'm a winner man. I need to remember that I am better than everybody else. Fuck man, I'm an old bulletproof tiger, dude. And if everyone in this town has forgotten who I am, maybe it's time I remind 'em."

Anyways, thanks for the advice and support, Rangers.
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

CrossFit is good for when you are already in Ranger shape! Listen to Ranger Zonk...

My buddy was in a mech unit and he had a lot of the same things to say about his experiences. He got endless amounts of shit for wanting all things Ranger. Good luck and keep your eye on the prize. Don't let them get you down.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Bigger Konkrete
US Army

Lol roger Ranger Zonk. Gotta get back to the basics.

Thanks for the motivation, Ranger snafu.
Bigger Konkrete
US Army

So, I've turned in my Phase 2 physical and memo for the swim test they said I had to complete to reenlist. All that is now in the hands of my retention NCO. He acts like he doesn't know what he's doing. He told me I could reenlist for Option 3 to go to the Regiment or Option 5 to go to RIP (I know it's RASP now but this guy doesn't have a clue.) I chose Option 3. He said he's going to submit the paperwork and "see if it goes through." Why the fuck wouldn't it? He just acts like he doesn't know how to get me.

So basically, Rangers, I'm asking if any of You could provide some insight on what the hell is going.

Return to “Introduction Archive”