Push up improvement...walking tens

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Push up improvement...walking tens

Post by oneday_I_will »

Good Day To All Rangers, Vets, and Future Soldiers,

I put into practice the walking tens that Ranger Kilted Heathen suggested in a thread entitled "push up plateauing" by another hopeful candidate like myself. I personally on the first go around, and not fatigued, did the walking fives. However, I continued with my regular work out and through out continued the walking push ups process. Two things I would like to point out here. Firstly, that pushup exercise is COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!! I felt the burn last night more so from that in my chest and arms then any traditional bench press exercise. It was such a good burn and being cold here last night in Virginia, that I slept like a baby. Secondly, I would like to stress to all the future possible warriors here, we roaches and cherries that is, that our work out should be repetition, repetition, repetition. Basically, whether we are doing pull ups, sit ups, running, push ups, during our hour or so in the gym, we need to be maxing out every time. I like to start out in each category doing the max that I can. Then I just keep doing each group of exercises till muscle exhaustion. When we run, we need to be running at least three miles everytime in the beginning, and then by month three,if you have the time, our runs should not be any less than 5 miles. I have read on this forum by the Rangers here that if we are new to all of these exercises, first we need to build endurance and with endurance the numbers will go up in repetitions. Someone said once that slow is smooth, smooth is steady, and steady is fast. I would like to thank Ranger Kilted Heathen, Ranger Bill, and Ranger Silverback as I have read a few of their threads when it comes to preparing for RASP. One more thing to my fellow future possible warriors, the minimums are exactly that...just the standard to continue. And finally the Army PFT is a minimum for the general public for the regular army...NOT THE 75TH RANGER REGIMENT. Fellow roaches and cherries, dig deep if you want this....I am.
Company C/5th Battalion/19th SF Group (NQP) 2010-
309th FS Homestead AFB 90-92
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
65th Air Wing Lajes Fld. 95-96
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

"I will conquer my fears and succeed".
U.S. Special Forces Creed
oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Re: Push up improvement...walking tens

Post by oneday_I_will »

Good Day Zumbii,
I just checked out the militaryathlete.com site. I believe that they are all good programs that can help us roaches improve. Good talking with you. Oneday out.
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Post by oneday_I_will »

Roger that. Oneday out.
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Post by oneday_I_will »

Sounds like a winner. I am going to give this a try.
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

One of the biggest issues I see when it comes to push-ups, is a failure to focus on and execute proper form. You MUST train and use proper form, or you are wasting your time, and setting yourself up for failure when it comes time to test and are actually held to a standard. There are countless stories about how "Soldier X" failed a PT test because "Grader Y" fucked him on push ups, which is bullshit. "Soldier X" fucked himself because he never did push ups to standard during training, and didn't have the strength to do so when he needed to do them properly.

If your body is straight, and your arms are locked out in the up position, and you touch your chest in the down position, you will never have any problems with push ups. Do them that way.
oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Post by oneday_I_will »

Ranger Dan B3/75...roger that. It seems to me the smallest advice is worth THE MOST at times. I am wondering how many of my kind...cherries and new guys...are going to read that precious bit of correct of EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INFO on position and not heed it. Thank you for looking out for us new guys.
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

Return to “About Army Physical Training”