11X Intro

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
blindside622
Future Soldier

11X Intro

Post by blindside622 »

Hello, my name is Adrian. I am 22 years old living in atlanta. I have a highschool diploma with 1 year of college. I have been working full time for an electrical contractor over the past 3 years. After i left college i had my heart set on the USMC but unfortunatley my fathers health obligated me to hold off. I decided to choose the U.S. Army as my branch of service about 3 months ago with my number one goal as becoming a Ranger. The roll of the Spec Ops in this world has been in the back of my head since i was old enough to run around the woods on my own. Rangers and other USSOCOM groups are the true backbone of this country. This country and our allies are forever indebted to you and your families' sacrifices. Thank you for standing up to the call when many wouldnt dare!
Now to my situation. I am in the DEP with 11x scheduled to ship to Fort Benning 20100414. I was not given any options in my contract due to the fact "there are no slots available." My AQFT and line scores are well above the requirement. I did not research enough before MEPS and fell into the used car salesman trap. I was so anxious I went with 4 year commitment with no options. I know my true calling and desire is for a shot at RASP. Do i need to Reno or request my DEP to be discharged until i get option 40? What are my chances of getting a shot at airborne and RASP right after OSUT? I apoligize for the length of this message but I need advise specific to my case in the hear and now.
Thank you for everyone's time and hard work.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: 11X Intro

Post by Jim »

This is the same issue you raised in your introduction. You were given specific tasks there. This thread is locked.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”