Intro - Walter

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Intro - Walter

Post by Slowpoke »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Also, and this is not an assignment, you may care to do a wee bit of research on what "Walter" actually means to our counterparts in the Parachute Regiment across the pond. Might offer your cocky ass a bit of perspective.

HINT: poketa-poketa-poketa
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

Steadfast wrote:
EarthPig wrote:Also...
You have not earned the right to have the word "Army" as part of your user name. You have 24 hrs to request a different name, or I will assign one myself. Thanks.

RLTW
EP

Your new name is boyd.
Thank you sir.
Jim wrote:Walter, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are not doing well. Here at armyranger.com, we take some pride in assisting young men as they begin their life journey. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. There are very few questions that have not already been addressed. The search feature is your friend -- I reserve judgement. You may note that, unlike many sites, modesty reigns here. You are in the presence of men that I personally admire and respect. A collection of men who have "been there -- done that." You are our guest; please don't abuse our hospitality. For your initial task, please self-admister a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 14 February 2010. Never, never quit!
I will get to that as soon as I can. I work throughout the week and Sunday is my only day off, but I'll be sure to get it done.
Kilted Heathen wrote:Also, and this is not an assignment, you may care to do a wee bit of research on what "Walter" actually means to our counterparts in the Parachute Regiment across the pond. Might offer your cocky ass a bit of perspective.
Could I possibly get a link to this please?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Could I possibly get a link to this please?
Try your googlefu. We expect you to find the answer.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

Not a problem. Thanks.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

boyd wrote:Not a problem. Thanks.
Ranger Bill wrote:Welcome. Being a Ranger is not for everyone. And mostly it is all attitude, plus some physical ability. We take the job of helping young men who want to be Rangers very seriously. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
First warning.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Boyd,
Any resolution on the whole 19D Ranger thing??? might want to look into that one. Or choke-slam your recruiter...either one.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

snafu wrote:Boyd,
Any resolution on the whole 19D Ranger thing??? might want to look into that one. Or choke-slam your recruiter...either one.
lol. No I didn't know there was no 19D for Rangers. I meant to clarify that. I wanted to say I was going into the Army in general for 19D. If there's no 19D for Rangers, then no problem, I'll either apply for it at a later time or find another MOS.
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

ZoneIV wrote:
boyd wrote:lol. No I didn't know there was no 19D for Rangers. I meant to clarify that. I wanted to say I was going into the Army in general for 19D. If there's no 19D for Rangers, then no problem, I'll either apply for it at a later time or find another MOS.
I am getting tired of your obvious lack of respect for the Rangers in this forum. A Ranger gave you a link to the MOSs available in the Regiment and you showed absolutely no appreciation for this by not even acknowledging the link he gave you. I explictedly told you:
ZoneIV wrote:When responding to question/comment made by a Ranger (you will see Ranger under his username) on this Board, you start your comment with "Ranger USERNAME".
You have disregarded this in every post you have made. You have made dumbass and arrogant statements in this thread, have shown that you cannot comprehend simple english and cannot follow instructions. Why should any Ranger in this forum give you any help or advise at all?
I did acknowledge that post a while ago when I first read it. And later said, when I replied to it, that the link was broken, and didn't work when I clicked on it. And if I've disregarded anything it was never intentionally, so please forgive me.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Young man, I'm not sure that we have your attention. So far you have demonstrated that you do not follow instructions. You are a week past the deadline I gave you to self-administer a PT test. You give snotty responses to other Rangers. Please let me remind you that you are a guest on this site. For the final warning, do not abuse our hospitality, Walter.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CWeber
Ranger

Post by CWeber »

Is this is a joke? If not, Vote to ban. Untrainable.
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-

Return to “Introduction Archive”