Introduction-Luke

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Introduction-Luke

Post by NeverSayDie »

My name is Luke, I'm eighteen, and have been dreaming in black & gold for a few years now. I just got back from MEPS a few weeks ago. I couldn't get an 11xopt.40 because I have a GED. (long story short I dropped out to help take care of my lil' sister.) So I just waited for my recruiter to pick me up, and now I'm doing the online college thing for the 15 credits so I can follow my dream of wearing the Tab and scroll. In the mean time I've been studying everything about the Army, the Rangers, and the war that I can get my hands on. I've been getting good at PT and expect a 290 or better on my first PFT, my only trouble is the run. I'm not that experienced with firearms, as used a shotgun for the fist time today, ( I hit dead center of a small tree at 70 yards, I'm not sure if that's good or bad) but the way I see it, my mind is the weapon and all the other things are accessories. Any advice you have to offer would be deeply appreciated. Thank you to all you ranger's for kicking the asses and taking the names of people who hate to see me breathing. (and using this website to help all the newcomers like me.)
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Luke

Post by RANGER513 »

NeverSayDie wrote:My name is Luke, I'm eighteen, and have been dreaming in black & gold for a few years now. I just got back from MEPS a few weeks ago. I couldn't get an 11xopt.40 because I have a GED. (long story short I dropped out to help take care of my lil' sister.) So I just waited for my recruiter to pick me up, and now I'm doing the online college thing for the 15 credits so I can follow my dream of wearing the Tab and scroll. In the mean time I've been studying everything about the Army, the Rangers, and the war that I can get my hands on. I've been getting good at PT and expect a 290 or better on my first PFT, my only trouble is the run. I'm not that experienced with firearms, as used a shotgun for the fist time today, ( I hit dead center of a small tree at 70 yards, I'm not sure if that's good or bad) but the way I see it, my mind is the weapon and all the other things are accessories. Any advice you have to offer would be deeply appreciated. Thank you to all you ranger's for kicking the asses and taking the names of people who hate to see me breathing. (and using this website to help all the newcomers like me.)
You have been dreaming in the colors of a Ranger Tab ??

You capitalize the word Tab......but fail to do so for the word Scroll ????

Wildman, the tab is an award, the Ranger Scroll is a way of life, AND far, far more important than attending and graduating Ranger School.

You have ALOT to get through before ya even have a chance of attending Ranger School. Focus on earning a Ranger Scroll on your shoulder first.

Always capitalize the word Ranger.

Tighten up your shot group and most important........NEVER QUIT !!!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, Luke, and thanks for showing an interest in Rangering. Get those 15 college credits, and try it again. Don't sign a contract that isn't EXACTLY what you want. Good luck.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

RANGER513 wrote:You have been dreaming in the colors of a Ranger Tab ??
Just once, but since then I've been using it as a figure of speech
RANGER513 wrote:You capitalize the word Tab......but fail to do so for the word Scroll ????
RANGER513 wrote:Always capitalize the word Ranger.
Scroll; Tab; Ranger; got it. (where's the edit button??)
RANGER153 wrote:Wildman, the tab is an award, the Ranger Scroll is a way of life, AND far, far more important than attending and graduating Ranger School.
RANGER153 wrote:You have ALOT to get through before ya even have a chance of attending Ranger School. Focus on earning a Ranger Scroll on your shoulder first.
Everyone I asked told me I wouldn't be considered a Ranger until I got the tab, I must have been asking the wrong people.(also whats "wildman" mean?)
RANGER153 wrote:Tighten up your shot group and most important........NEVER QUIT !!!
Will do. Thanks for the warm welcome Rangers.

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

. wrote:You need to re-read the rules of the site and pay attention to detail. http://forum.armyranger.com/viewforum.php?f=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Fix yourself or dont come back.
Ranger ., I re-read the rules, but I do not understand what rule I am breaking. could you please specify what I need to fix?

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Probably being a sarcastic smart ass.....at least that would be my guess.

RLTW
EP
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

"Earth Pig" wrote:Probably being a sarcastic smart ass.....at least that would be my guess.
Ranger Earth Pig nothing I said was meant in a sarcastic way, everything I posted was intended in a literal and serious sense. However looking back...
NeverSayDie wrote:Everyone I asked told me I wouldn't be considered a Ranger until I got the tab, I must have been asking the wrong people.(also whats "wildman" mean?)
...I do see how they could be received that way. sorry for the confusion.

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome...
Heed Tyrants advice.... use the search button.... keep a low profile.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Army Rangers. So you have gotten off to a bit of a rough start... Take some time and recover. Good on you for purusing those college credits and after you get them, keep us informed of progress with your recruiter. In the meantime, read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Clear your sig-line too, you little shit.

Everybody you've quoted is a fucking Leg...
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Clear your sig-line too, you little shit.

Everybody you've quoted is a fucking Leg...
Ranger Kilted Heathen,

Done.

From now on I am only to quote Rangers and airborne soldiers then, correct?

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***THEAD LOCKED AND ACCOUNT POSTING PRIVILEGES SUSPENDED***
You're going to have to learn faster if you want to stay here.

RLTW
EP
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***SUSPENSION LIFTED***

This young man has made the apropriate apologies, etc, and is ready to get back on track. Carry on.

RLTW
EP
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Update:

I have squared away the academic end of my goals for now, and I am working with my recruiters again. I will be securing the next available 11X-OP40 contract.

Return to “Introduction Archive”