RSOP for Class A's

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
11civilian

RSOP for Class A's

Post by 11civilian »

I'm new to this forum so I want to start off by whishing everyone happy new year. I ETS'd from 2nd Bat. in 2000. I'm enjoying civilian life (most of the time) and putting my g.i. bill to good use (beer money). So I hope you will please help answer a question I'm having, but not regard doing so as the only reason I registered on this board. No shit, I look forward to wasting my time on the computer with all you mens'es.
Here goes. I'm putting together a Class A uniform for a soldier of the year board. I drill with a national guard unit; they're the ones sending me (I know, "Nasty Girls", how degrading, a former 2nd Bat Ranger. I'm doing my best here, civilian life, it was the nasty girls or nothing. Well, at least its infantry...alright, I'm doing push-ups...).
Ribbons. Besides the Army service ribbon, all of regiment was authorized another ribbon. Anyone remember what it was called? I want to say "Meritorious Unit Award" but not sure if this is correct. Anyone know the answer please post or send me an email.
Spartan

Awards for Bn

Post by Spartan »

Civ11:

It was the Presidential Unit Citation, if you are talking about what we wore above our right breast pocket. Actually, there were a couple of awards. I would recommend checking the regs because I think you wear the PUC only while in the unit, but if you were there when the PUC was earned, it is something you take with you.
11civilian

Post by 11civilian »

Pneves,

Roger, I checked the regs and you can't wear the ribbon unless you are still actively in 2/75. Presidential unit citation, thanbk you for answering that question. I remembered what it looked like, just not what it was called. Out here.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”