2 U.S. soldiers missing in Afghanistan

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
allmylife
Tadpole

2 U.S. soldiers missing in Afghanistan

Post by allmylife »

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Two American paratroopers went missing on Wednesday during a "routine resupply mission in western Afghanistan," the NATO-led force in the country said Friday.

The pair -- from the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division -- are operating under NATO's International Security Assistance Force. Initial reports indicate that 25 ISAF and Afghan forces have been wounded in the search for the two.

"All available resources are being used to find the two missing paratroopers," said the brigade operations officer, Lt. Col. Guy Jones. "Our rear detachment is doing everything they can to support the families during this difficult time while we continue the search with our Afghan and coalition partners."

Full Story

LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND
Operation Enduring Freedom (OCT 09 -AUG 10)
fatboy
Ranger

Re: 2 U.S. soldiers missing in Afghanistan

Post by fatboy »

CSM Puck, I hope you and yours are ok after hearing this.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I have a very hard time believing the Air Force miscalculated a drop.........
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

not me or mine .....But I got people up there working it.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

The Holmchicken wrote:I have a very hard time believing the Air Force miscalculated a drop.........
yeah... that never happens. I mean, we didn't loose a 1SG in the Hooch, and a whole fucking stick in the trees 1k east of Sicily.

I have a harder time accepting that a chain of command might have put them into a river, under-equiped for the task. I hope they Sua Sponte'd it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “The News Dump”