Young Recruit looking for Reliable Information

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hutch976
Egg

Young Recruit looking for Reliable Information

Post by hutch976 »

I am a Highschool Student in my Sophomore year who has been searching all over the web for information. I unfortunatly live no where near an Army or Navy Recruiter and am desperatly seeking a large amount of information on the United States Army Ranger. Particularly on the selection process, as much details as can be disclosed on a website like this about training, what i will do as a Ranger, where I will most likely be stationed, and different ways to join the Rangers.

So questions that I would greatly appreciate being answered so I can stop my seemingly endless search of the web, are as follows.

If I were to go into West Point (which I am currently striving at great lengths to fufill and intend to succeed) when i come out as an officer will I still be eligible to apply for Ranger School.

What to expect at Ranger Training and what I will do as a Ranger and where I would most likely be stationed if I was to become a Ranger.

What can I do to prepare myself for Ranger Traning?

Who can i contact or where can i go to receive more information about US Army, Navy, and Air Force Special Forces?

Again I would greatly appreciate as much information as possible.

Hutchinson_3@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

alright.. first step.. make a intro and read the FAQ's
second- look at the top of your page.. it should have a option that says "search".. click on that. It might help you out in the long run.
third- PM ME. your from my area. I can help you with a recruiter.
Last edited by Tay Depp on July 4th, 2004, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisiplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - Perfect Discipline"
-General George S. Patton Jr.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

I'm no Ranger and I'm not yet enlisted so I won't give you any advice about those topics but I will tell you to slow down take a breath and take your time here. You need to make a proper introduction on the intro's forum, read the FAQ's for the answer to alot of your questions, and do alot of searching here. You've come to the right place but you need to start off on the right foot. Again I'm not trying to tell you what to do and I'm not trying to be a dick....just want to make things easier on you.

Good luck
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Listen to these guys. They have been on the site for a little while and can guide you to the information that you desire. If there is a question that you have and the answer that you are looking for is unavailable then feel free to ask it. Most likely 99% of your questions can be answered with the search button.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “Recruitment Process”