Slots at Air and R.I.P at O.U.S.T?

Basic & AIT
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Slots at Air and R.I.P at O.U.S.T?

Post by Fumbles »

I was hoping somebody could tell me if a lot of slots open for airborne and R.I.P in O.U.S.T.
When I was at meps getting my job I asked for the option 40. I was told that niether option 4 or 40 had slots open until mid next year, but i had a good chance of taking the 11x, going to Benning, and being pickied up (if I was a PT stud with a good A.S.V.A.B score) if slots opened up. Long story short I took it because I figure worst case scenario I get regualr infantry and can build my basic skills and experience up before putting into those programmes. But still, what is the likely hood of slots being there?
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Slots at Air and R.I.P at O.U.S.T?

Post by Silverback »

19920123 wrote: Long story short I took it because I figure worst case scenario I get regualr infantry and can build my basic skills and experience up before putting into those programmes. But still, what is the likely hood of slots being there?
There is always a chance and you may get lucky...but placing your future in the hands of luck and chance should never be the first choice.

Nobody here knows the "numbers" of the question you ask. The reason nobody knows the numbers for your question is because asking for volunteers is a situational thing. You may get a chance and you may get lucky...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Towards the end of OSUT, let us know what happens regarding the opening up of Airborne and RIP slots. Congratulations for enlisting.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

Thanks Ranger bill, and I will give an update. I do feel lucky about this; it feels like the last few years of random events are intersecting here, but I could just be seeing things.
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

As dumb as it sounds I called the Regiment recruiters, and he explain that they will keep and eye out for talent at Benning. Basically if you're at the top 2% of your class at Basic Training they will come out and check you out themselves. And the ones that are not soup sandwiches will get an offer to try out.

Return to “About OSUT”