Display your flag

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Display your flag

Post by garyedolan »

"In honor of our fallen, please consider:

On Friday, September 11th, 2009, display an American flag outside every home, apartment, office, and store or auto in the United States. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds."
(Passed on)

Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Re: Display your flag

Post by BruteForce »

My 5x8' flies 24x7. Because I can't lower it to half-mast, I bought an 8' black streamer that flies above the flag today. Bought one for my office flag as well - since lowering would put the flag in a tree.

Lest we forget..
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Mine has flown 24/7 for years.

SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

garyedolan wrote:"In honor of our fallen, please consider:

On Friday, September 11th, 2009, display an American flag outside every home, apartment, office, and store or auto in the United States. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds."
(Passed on)

Where did you get the Ranger flag? I need that one!!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”