CZ Pistols

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
McD
Ranger

CZ Pistols

Post by McD »

Anybody have any experience with them? Looking at a CZ75B there is a DA/SA and a SA one for pretty cheap. Seem to have a bit of a following.... might be adding one to the stable just because.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Re: CZ Pistols

Post by 289sotherhalf »

I have one, and we are very pleased with it!!! It's a DA. Very accurate. Very similar to the Browning Hi-Power.

I wish I would have thought about it, you could have checked mine out when you were down here for RR.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

289sotherhalf wrote:I have one, and we are very pleased with it!!! It's a DA. Very accurate. Very similar to the Browning Hi-Power.

I wish I would have thought about it, you could have checked mine out when you were down here for RR.
Good to know.... Hey Honey look what I bought for us!! :D
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

The new CZ P-07 Duty is a damned fine weapon. Compared to an XD, Glock...even up. Some well known shooters (endorsed) love them or at least say so and shoot them in copmpetition. Price commensurate. Have to get a couple of hundred thousand rounds through it to validate its build before I swear off on it. Both Glock and XD have very proven reliabilities and XD with a Lifetime Warranty had to beat. BUT....a combat pistol should have some rattle to it in my eyes and the tolerances seem tighter than two afformentioned. We will see. But, ya know...someone who shoots maybe 50-100 rounds a month will probably love it. When you shoot 2-5,000 rounds a month, the results may be different. Give me a year or two and Ill let you know.

I think un-endorsed shooters will almost always state without reservation the top 4 as 1911 (various makes), Glock, XDm, and CZ. Just my take. In the end, pistols are pretty personal and if they are reliable, competant, go bang with reasonable accuracy, and stand up to a Rangers typical abuse...I like them.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

The biggest issue I have seen with CZ is they have a smaller slide and I have a hard time grabbing it beacuse I have fat fingers
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:The new CZ P-07 Duty is a damned fine weapon. Compared to an XD, Glock...even up. Some well known shooters (endorsed) love them or at least say so and shoot them in copmpetition. Price commensurate. Have to get a couple of hundred thousand rounds through it to validate its build before I swear off on it. Both Glock and XD have very proven reliabilities and XD with a Lifetime Warranty had to beat. BUT....a combat pistol should have some rattle to it in my eyes and the tolerances seem tighter than two afformentioned. We will see. But, ya know...someone who shoots maybe 50-100 rounds a month will probably love it. When you shoot 2-5,000 rounds a month, the results may be different. Give me a year or two and Ill let you know.

I think un-endorsed shooters will almost always state without reservation the top 4 as 1911 (various makes), Glock, XDm, and CZ. Just my take. In the end, pistols are pretty personal and if they are reliable, competant, go bang with reasonable accuracy, and stand up to a Rangers typical abuse...I like them.
I'm with you Pastor. I only do a few hundered to 500 per month across all my guns. I'm on a 1 gun a year program and I have been looking around for something. Got an XD,1911,Revolvers, Litle compact and a couple 22's. Kind of like the CZ85B Combat and I've heard and read some pretty good reviews. Maybe do a little IDPA with it just cause. I don't have any 9mm and I wan't /need one. 10rd or less here in NY.

Another on the list is a 9mm 1911 just because.
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

RAT
BANNED

Post by RAT »

When working at ArmorGroup ITI I shoot around 30K rounds through my CZ75. The only problem I had was the slide stop breaking and the rear sight falling off. I used epoxy to hold the rear site in place and spent 30 dollars to replace the slide stop.

One great weapon...

Hope you enjoy it.

RO!!!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

$581 @ Buds for a CZ85 Combat... not bad

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/21648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

Return to “Weapons of War”