American Association of Nude Recreation

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

American Association of Nude Recreation

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Stumbled upon this while surfing the net

http://www.paullevalley.com/sig/streaking.html

Professors and Researchers
Special Interest Group
The Naturist Society
May, 2005

● Campus Nudity Special Issue

College streaking began sometime in the fall of 1973 at the University of Maryland, but was usually done after dark. On January 15, 1974, just five days after reporting that story, newspaper editors at Florida State University staged a daytime incident--complete with documenting photograph. From there, the fad quickly spread to campuses nationwide. Exuberant students jostled with Watergate for the headlines. Students held mass nude rallies on the main square of some campuses. Then they went home for the summer, and college streaking pretty much ended.

A quarter of a century later, in the fall of 2004, the so-called Varsity Streaking Team at Hamilton College in Clinton, NY took their two-year-old group on tour. It was zanier than before. Perhaps the best part was their audacious press releases. They streaked nearby colleges, whose students began organizing their own teams. Princeton's administrators squashed the effort there. Hamilton's administration did not. Why should they? The streaking team had put tiny Hamilton College on the map. The idea has so far failed to spread beyond New England.

Meanwhile, the Syracuse newspaper reported on nudity in the male dorms. You may well object that none of these campus hijinks have much to do with the spirit of naturism. True enough. But that cannot be said of the serious protests at Bennington, when an administrator outlawed that college's traditional tolerance of nudity. Unfortunately, the protests fizzled, and have not been in the news at all this spring.

In the last decade, college administrators have ruthlessly stamped out traditional nighttime nude runs at Princeton, the University of Michigan, and other campuses. That leaves Tallahassee, Florida's ten-year-old College Greek Athletic Meet as the oldest functioning nude event for college students. Operating on the grounds of a traditional naturist club and attracting students from several campuses, it comes under the authority of no administrator. Is that the pattern for future success? The American Association for Nude Recreation's Nude U is growing under similar off-campus sponsorship.

Well I can attest that streaking occurred (no I did not partake in it) during the late 1980s/ early 1990s at my university located in NY State about 4 hours north of Pittsburgh, PA and 2 hours or so east of Cleveland, OH, posting this is my way help the American Association of Nude Recreation 8)
go AANR!

Oh and here we have some poor law enforcement officers having to rein in two very drunk streakers, I feel bad for these guys.... it'd be really hard to keep a straight face while arresing them.

http://vbgaming.org/forum/yt.php?v=Yf_wXHFATeM
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”