Introduction-Kevin

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

kbrock
Embryo

Introduction-Kevin

Post by kbrock »

First off; my name is Kevin, I'm 19 from Chandler, Arizona. I'm a senior in High School with only 1.5 credits left until I earn my diploma (hopefully I will be able to complete in 2 months or less), and tomorrow I'm going to be heading to the Recruiters office in order to sign-up for DEP.

Joining the Army wasn't something I've wanted to do until a couple of months ago after talking to my friend who had recently joined and explained to me all of the benefits as well as the experiences he had in boot camp. After doing a litte research into the Army life and asking my Recruiter millions of questions I decided that enlisting is something I want to do. After more research I learned about the Rangers; their history, their creed, etc. and now have my heart set on earning my scroll and joining the best the Army has to offer. Which is why I've come here, every bit of help I can get to better prepare myself for the challenges ahead is much appreciated.

I'm in pretty good shape due to swim and lacrosse in High School, but still don't think I'm close to where I want to be before Basic, Airbourne School, and (hopefully) RIP.

First bit of help has already been received: The post on Initiative by Leatherneck has been read, printed out, and is now taped to the wall next to my workout schedule. Great read, and something I needed.
RANGER513 Mentee

"In order to possess what you do not possess, you must go by way of dispossession. And what you do not know is the only thing you know." T.S. Elliot
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Kevin

Post by RANGER513 »

kbrock wrote:First off; my name is Kevin, I'm 19 from Chandler, Arizona. I'm a senior in High School with only 1.5 credits left until I earn my diploma (hopefully I will be able to complete in 2 months or less), and tomorrow I'm going to be heading to the Recruiters office in order to sign-up for DEP.

Joining the Army wasn't something I've wanted to do until a couple of months ago after talking to my friend who had recently joined and explained to me all of the benefits as well as the experiences he had in boot camp. After doing a litte research into the Army life and asking my Recruiter millions of questions I decided that enlisting is something I want to do. After more research I learned about the Rangers; their history, their creed, etc. and now have my heart set on earning my scroll and joining the best the Army has to offer. Which is why I've come here, every bit of help I can get to better prepare myself for the challenges ahead is much appreciated.

I'm in pretty good shape due to swim and lacrosse in High School, but still don't think I'm close to where I want to be before Basic, Airbourne School, and (hopefully) RIP.

First bit of help has already been received: The post on Initiative by Leatherneck has been read, printed out, and is now taped to the wall next to my workout schedule. Great read, and something I needed.

" First off " wildman, omit the word " hopefully " from your vocabulary. Period. If you " hopefully " want to go to R.I.P. then go " hopefully " join PETA or the ACLU because we don't want guys with that mentality wasting a perfectly good Option 40 slot.

When you refer to OUR Creed you had freaking fraking better capitalize that word, wildman. Those six stanzas of words may not mean anything to you, but they sure in the hell mean ALOT to us.

Whatever " pretty good shape " means it is NOT good enough.

Tighten up your shot group or you may attract much more attention from some really mean people !!! :evil:

NEVER QUIT !!! You might hear those words again.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
kbrock
Embryo

Post by kbrock »

kbrock wrote:First off; my name is Kevin, I'm 19 from Chandler, Arizona. I'm a senior in High School with only 1.5 credits left until I earn my diploma (hopefully I will be able to complete in 2 months or less), and tomorrow I'm going to be heading to the Recruiters office in order to sign-up for DEP.

Joining the Army wasn't something I've wanted to do until a couple of months ago after talking to my friend who had recently joined and explained to me all of the benefits as well as the experiences he had in boot camp. After doing a litte research into the Army life and asking my Recruiter millions of questions I decided that enlisting is something I want to do. After more research I learned about the Rangers; your history, your Creed, etc. and now have my heart set on earning my scroll and joining the best the Army has to offer. Which is why I've come here, every bit of help I can get to better prepare myself for the challenges ahead is much appreciated.

I'm in pretty good shape due to swim and lacrosse in High School, but still don't think I'm close to where I want to be before Basic, Airbourne School, and RIP.

Roger that Ranger Ranger513, corrections made.
RANGER513 Mentee

"In order to possess what you do not possess, you must go by way of dispossession. And what you do not know is the only thing you know." T.S. Elliot
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

kbrock wrote:

Joining the Army wasn't something I've wanted to do until a couple of months ago after talking to my friend who had recently joined and explained to me all of the benefits as well as the experiences he had in boot camp. After doing a litte research into the Army life and asking my Recruiter millions of questions I decided that enlisting is something I want to do. After more research I learned about the Rangers; your history, your Creed, etc. and now have my heart set on earning my scroll and joining the best the Army has to offer. Which is why I've come here, every bit of help I can get to better prepare myself for the challenges ahead is much appreciated.

I'm in pretty good shape due to swim and lacrosse in High School, but still don't think I'm close to where I want to be before Basic, Airbourne School, and RIP.

Roger that Ranger Ranger513, corrections made.

Roger that, wildman.

Welcome.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
kbrock
Embryo

Post by kbrock »

Also, I am looking for a mentor if any Ranger is available. It would be greatly appreciated as I know I need as much help as I can get before leaving for basic.

Ran a mini-PT tonight to give you guys an idea of where I stand now.

PT

2 mile run-16min 53sec
Pushups (2min)-75
Situps (2min)-79
Pullups-12

Running is the part I need the most work on, recently quit smoking and discovered today my lungs took more of a beating than I originally thought. I have found some nice work-outs on this site to incorporate into my schedule already so my pushups/situps/pullups will improve greatly before my time comes, but I'm still no where near ready.
RANGER513 Mentee

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Keep us informed of progress with your recruiter.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”