Went and saw the recruiter today

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Went and saw the recruiter today

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

I took the first step today y'all......the recruiter is running my police background checks and all that and I will be going back as soon as I get about 10lbs off to sign up for MEPS. I took the practice ASVAB and scored 54 so I shouldn't have a problem getting the job I want now I just have to get some weight off.....I was way overweight for my height but after he did a BMI I was around 3% high on that. Looks like my PT'ing has paid off so far :D Guess I'm considered a DEP now????
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Roasting
Soldier

Re: Went and saw the recruiter today

Post by Roasting »

Gauge wrote:Guess I'm considered a DEP now????
Not exactly. You've taken the first steps, but until you sign your name on the dotted line (or into the computer), you are not officially in the Delayed Entry Program.

That's not a bad score on the ASVAB, but it might be worth it to pick up a review book to make sure your line scores are high. Those have a big impact on the jobs you can qualify for. http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningu ... ababcs.htm
penetra le tenebre
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Went and bought one last night......my only weakness is math. Seeing as I haven't had a math class since I left college about 4 years ago I was having hell with the math section...I aced the reading comprehension part though. Could you recommend a certain ASVAB study book or are they all pretty good?
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Search on the internet, there are a few mini ASVAB's you can take. On the little one they give in the office I scored a 48 :? , but I took a few practice ones on the net, and at MEPS scored a 74 and got GT 110. Do you have a date for MEPS yet?
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

No I'm going back in a week or so to see if I met the weight requirements and then he'll schedule me for MEPS. I'm just gonna keep PTing and I'm gonna do the south beach diet. I did south beach before and lost 14 lbs in 2 weeks so that should get it.
Ted Nugent

Return to “Recruitment Process”