Old Man needs Help!

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Old Man needs Help!

Post by panthersix »

BadMuther wrote:Also look at kettlebells brother. Look around, there might actually be a pool hiding that you can use.

Norm, back on patrol????? Say it ain't so!!!!!!
No ma'am, I don't know which neighbor's dog knocked over your trash cans.....

I made my own kettlebell by using a snaplink on chains....got a couple wadded up together with the snap link out the top like a handle...works for me!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to my wifes gym tonight to check out the equipment.
I'll be using much of the advice given by you guys.

I'm hoping to get in a little better shape before the reunion so that the Hatetrain doesn't steal my milk money this time! :)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I'd like to add that extensive, runner-specific stretching and massage therapy has greatly helped me. That, and getting close to my proper weight, has eliminated most of the pain that was always present during and after runs. I am no longer the shin-splint czar, and have passed the crown to some other poor bastard.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Ranger Mc D,
First and foremost this old lady has learned the hard way that I need to stretch and drink plenty of "good" water, I'm starting up exercising regularly once again myself and body is protesting it's new found work.

If you do not have an exercise ball, may I suggest you try one out at the gym, have a trainer show you that the increased range of motion on the ball, it's resistance, the need to stabilize your weight helps build your core muscles (stomach/ back); also they can show you ways to do squats, lunges using the ball that keeps the strain off the hips, knees and other joints.

In my opinion, it works I use to squat my weight plus some when I was youger but those days are over with the cartilage damage in my knees I've done playing sports..... thankfully I find I can get as good if not better results with the exercise ball and that dang half exercise ball "thingy mi giggy" that lays on the floor that I really hate, the trainer is not my friend when has me do push ups, sit ups on that thingy mi giggy but he is right I'll be happier once I master it and get my body strong again :twisted: :D

Good luck. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “About Army Physical Training”