Push-ups. Maxng out vs. intervals.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
ninjaman
Tadpole

Re: Push-ups. Maxng out vs. intervals.

Post by ninjaman »

I successfully completed week one, day one of the hundred pushups program. 10 reps, rest 1 min, 12 reps rest 1 min, 7 reps rest 1 min, 7 reps rest 1 min, max (at least 9) I did 10.

I started out wide arm knuckle push-ups, then regular width knuckle push-ups, then regular width flathanded the last 3 sets.

EDIT: Yesterday I semi-successfully completed week 1 day 2, which goes 10, 12, 8, 8, max (at least 12).

By semi-successfully I mean that I did the first four sets fine, but on for the last set, I reached 12 but I had to pause, breath, and regain my composure at 6 and 10. But looking at the program again I realized that I was supposed to rest 90 seconds between each set and I only rested 60. I am going to repeat this orkout Tomorrow with the proper amount of rest and see if I can get it right.
Romans 3:23-25

" 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

Well I WOUlD have completed week one today, but I had a landscaping job,they had me doing all kinds of work (mostly shoveling though) and my arms (my whole body) are tired.

24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Would have, could have, should have... "I would have been a Ranger but I was too tired."
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

I thought shoveling dirt all day long was plenty of exercise, but apparently not for YOU PEOPLE! Joking, you have a good point Ranger Ranger Bill, I should've pushed on and done them. I'll knock off those push-ups today. ninjaman out.

EDIT: I just finished week 1 day 3. 12 reps rest 2 min, 15 reps rest 2 min, 9 rest 2 min, 9 rest 2 min, max (at least 13) 14.

ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

Well, this week I have a taekwondo camp. We do lots of running, push-ups, etc. there, plus our martial arts training. I'll get back to my regular routine next week. Thanks for your help and motivation Rangers.

ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

Well, I have tried twice this week to complete Week 2 day 1, and failed. It seems that I have had to repeat some of the days 1 or 2 times before I can get them, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the program just expects an unrealistic amount of improvement between days and weeks. Anyway, I'll try again and post back on Tuesday.

EDIT: I'm sorry I did not post back Tuesday, anyway, I am still struggling with week 2 day 1, maybe I need to repeat week 1, I don't know. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

I'm sorry that I missed my post last week Rangers, I was very busy preparing for my black belt test in Taekwondo, and was more focused on that than on my push up program. Anyway, this program doesn't seem to be working for me, it seems to expect a large amount of muscle growth between each day, and seems to take a huge leap between each week, maybe I'm not a fitness expert, but it seems that I would have to repeat the days once or twice before I got them, and then do the same for the next day. I have seen much improvement in my push-ups, and I got my max up to 26 (still low, but at least I can see the improvement).

Anyway I am going to try doing sets of ten with 1 minute rest between each set, and add at least half a set each Week. All in all, I think my main problem before was motivation, I wasn't motivated to do push-ups, but coming to this site and hearing from Rangers has given me motivation, and I will continue to do push ups each week.

On a side note, is it just me, or do push ups seem easier after running or warming up than just doing them cold?
Again, thank you for your advice, and motivation Rangers.

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

ninjaman wrote:Well, I have tried twice this week to complete Week 2 day 1, and failed.
I am still struggling with week 2 day 1, maybe I need to repeat week 1, I don't know.
Week 2, day 1 is easier than Week 1, day 2, so how is it that you can not successfully complete it ? Maybe you should do push ups from the knees until your ninja powers are more developed.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About Army Physical Training”