Introduction - Christopher

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

Re: Introduction - Christopher

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Good Morning Ranger EAT III,
Please accept my apologies for not stating the proper, respective title. No, I am not stating that you yourself made a horrible career choice, being a Rigger was not something my Dad had envisioned for me, and with his talks it made sense to me at the time (granted I was a 19 year old kid, unmarried, didn't even have a driver's license at the time). The decisive arguments between him and I over the MOS were "You gonna' make six figures when you retire (not withstanding a college degree) from that MOS son?" "What are you gonna' do 20+ years down the road, after you retire?" When I refused the jump, it wasn't inside the plane, I did it prior to loading. I understand that I did in fact pass up a great oppurtunity early on in my budding career, and it has haunted me for nearly a decade. I am currently in the process of rectifying that horribly thought out decision. I do apologize for the piss-poor explination, my intent was never to poke n' prod at another person's MOS, especially not a Ranger's. A Ranger who has already earned that status I am trying to obtain myself. I can only believe LOM stands for Lack Of Motivation, in which case I honestly believe I can only prove the otherwise by submitting my Airborne graduation certificate, and ROP certificate (I do apologize in advance, as I know not if the course provides a certificate of completion). Nothing will prevent me from doing so outside of a car accident en route to Fort Benning, or breaking a bone in Airborne School. In closing, I do apologize once more for the improper use of communication.

V/R,
~Christopher
EAT III
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Christopher

Post by EAT III »

Fair Answer, However I now need to see the Doctor because so much smoke has been BLOWN UP MY ASS! However #2 I have seen many young snaplinks make bad decisions due to family or what ever to include myself. So from now on don't state what your going to do just do it! your a SSG, if you do make it ?? you will need to always lead from the front with no more "DO OVERS" I take it your going to STB (no Tab) so start out right and dont wine when things dont go your way or what your mind tells you how things should be compaired to what they are or were. After your Vacation in Jump School (you already know how that is JR) things are gona SUCK for awile, but I promise you it will be the Best Time of your life!

Now go elevate your feet and drive on !
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current

Return to “Introduction Archive”