SITREP

Basic & AIT
Doug
Future Soldier

SITREP

Post by Doug »

Hello Rangers,

I'm currently on my 36 hour family pass, and thought I would drop in and give an update on my thoughts of OSUT.
30th AG sucked ass like I had heard, 5 people had already dropped their Option 40 contracts before we even shipped down range. If it wasn't for me being NG I would have picked one of those in a heartbeat. About 4 people in my platoon also have Option 40 contracts, and two of them are grossely out of shape, and neither want of them want to do any of that "Hooah Hooah Hooah shit" and are just here for college money. That pissed me off a bit as well.

Other than that, my PT has been pretty good, qualified Expert with my M4, and time is flying by. I hurt my foot this last week on what ended up being a ruck run (My DS is very seious about his rucking, and the platoon in front of us kept falling out, so he had us continously running ahead to fill the gaps). I'm probably going to get it checked out tomorrow when I go back to the barracks.

One of my DS's was in the Regiment, though he doesn't talk about his time there much, except to the guys with the Option 40 contracts. But all 3 of my platoons DS's are just a library of knowledge, and I feel privlidged to have them teaching me. The Ranger, is the Drill Sergeant of the year as well.

I'm very much looking forward to getting through my time in the NG so that I can switch to the Active side.

Well thats all I have to report, graduation is July 3rd.

-Doug

Return to “About OSUT”