Read, study, and assess

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Bell

Read, study, and assess

Post by Bell »

For all the guys that wannabe a Ranger let me explain something. We've been in pissing matches on these boards about education. I'm talking education not just school. A diploma or GED don't mean shit if ya didn't learn anything.

The Rangers aren't knuckle draggers. They're sharp. They think.

"I never underestimate the ability of a PFC or SP-4 in a Ranger Battalion
to read, study, and very pragmatically assess things based on trying
them. A very unique group of individuals from my experience. Easy for
me in this sense. They believe they are the best already and only need
someone to direct them towards their goals. They normally do the rest."

The whole Ranger experience is a mindset. Not only are Rangers tough, they're smart.

You wanna be a Ranger? Get an education and get in shape.

RLTW
Bell
RangerDC

Post by RangerDC »

Bell, where did you get that quote from?

Did you say that? Nevertheless, it is very insightful. Most people think of us as a bunch of really good looking, ass kickers, who do a lot of PT and "crazy things" that no one else will do. :twisted:

What most people never understand is that the most effective weapon a Ranger has in his arsenol is the grey matter located in his cranium. 8)
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Is that why we always had to wear K-pots? I thought we were trying to keep the 'legs' from feeling insecure... :lol:
Bell

Post by Bell »

I stole that quote from another board and it wasn't attributed. I have no idea where it came from. Sounds like from a report or a book.

The damn thing said what we've been trying to tell these kids. Get an education. Ya gotta learn to read and write and figger. Can't do Ranger shit without it.

RLTW
Bell
Master J

Post by Master J »

The worst thing you can do fuckface is assume anything.drop
Bell

Post by Bell »

Really? Typical lazy attitude. Assuming anything makes an ASS out of U and ME. You never assume. You know. A whole different mind think. What do you think we try to show you guys on this board? The smoking, the pushups, the "in your face" speeches. Trying to get your mind-frame adjusted to do something. Not question or ASSUME.

Now, for coming back at a Ranger, drop and knock em out. Think about it while yer down there. Never assume. You have to know. It's a positive action.

RLTW
Bell
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

"Assumption is the mother of all fuckups."

- One of those godawful Steven Seagal movies.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”