Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by RangerX »

Burn After Reading. Sucks. They spent all that time editing trailers to make it sound like a comedy, then produce a movie that is less than mediocre. A bunch of actors cashing checks.

Body of Lies. Pretty Decent, if not predictable. I am slowly starting to like Leonardo DiCaprio. I just have to blank out the fact that he was in Titanic.

Step Brothers. Pretty damn funny. If you like Will Ferrell in anything else, you'll like this too. For some reason Mary Steenburgen swearing like a longshoreman takes me to my happy place.

Get Smart. Really Damn Funny. Anne Hathaway makes my pants tight. Steve Carell is funny as hell, and the movie is all around entertaining.

Transporter 3. Pathetic. Jason Statham sure does like to run around with his shirt off. Only redeeming thing was Natalya Rudakova, who did not get naked damn it.

Eagle Eye. Pretty good. Lots of cars get smashed, which I like for some reason. Reminds me of CHiPs for some reason.
Last edited by RangerX on January 14th, 2009, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Middle daughter (cop) called and said you have to see Gran Torino. Said I dont do Hollywood shit. She said...DAD, its YOU in 10 years. You HAVE to see it! So what its about? A pleasant guy with a happy attitude or what?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:So what its about? A pleasant guy with a happy attitude or what?
Pretty much.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Middle daughter (cop) called and said you have to see Gran Torino. Said I dont do Hollywood shit. She said...DAD, its YOU in 10 years. You HAVE to see it! So what its about? A pleasant guy with a happy attitude or what?
At least she said it's you in ten years. My whole family kept whispering to me throughout the movie, "Dad, he's exactly like you!" :roll:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Taken, new Liam Neeson flick. Pretty damn good. It is exactly what you would expect if you have seen any of the previews. Lots of bad guys get very hurt. A little predictable at times, but all around entertaining. If I hadn't just watched it for free, I might even consider paying for it......
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Underworld -1 was pretty good, and tied into the other movies decently. Who knew vampires could be so hot?

Taken was good, and predictable, as others have said. I liked the end, on the boat.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
dyks
Ranger

Post by dyks »

TC204 wrote:+1 for Gran Torino
B CO 3/75 96-98

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

JLTW!!! wrote:Just got back from Gran Torino, and like everyone else, I liked it a lot....there were some great one liners in there too :lol:
Ranger JLTW,

In the last scene (not going to post spoiler about context of scene, but you know what I'm talking about) where Clint spells out the stipulations regarding the Gran Turino are laid out is freakin' hilarious. "As long as he doesn't [lists everything that every ethnicity does to a car]...".

:lol:
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

The Watchmen (the movie only, not the comic(which I have no experience with)):

3 hours of mediocrity and sausage closeups.

Angrycivilian gives it two thumbs fuckin' sideways!
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Took the kids to see "Monsters vs. Aliens" yesterday in 3-D. It was pretty good and the 3-D effects were way cool. The little dudes enjoyed it.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “The Mosh Pit”