Pres.Bush grants clemency to BP agents:

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Re: Pres.Bush grants clemency to BP agents:

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Hung Low wrote:They've been sprung by W so they've the best possible odds to get their rap sheets cleaned. Being LEO's I doubt they have any addtional criminal convictions prior to the shooting, so at the very least their records will be expunged in 3 years. Its very possible that they'll get the convictions tossed too. That will just take time and money. I'm sure these lads will have NO problem raising the funds through various support networks.
Ol' W probably knew very well what he was doing. Upon accepting a pardon, be it from a governor or the president, YOU ARE ADMITTING GUILT. Georgie Boy's cognizant that in a couple years these boys may be exhonerated through due process. He has given them an out and the ability to clear their names 100%. At the end of the day, he's given them the opportunity to serve again. I'm sure he'll push a button or two in order to facilitate this.
I'm glad these guys are out; but, why didn't W do this a long time ago?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Horned Toad
Ranger

Re: Pres.Bush grants clemency to BP agents:

Post by Horned Toad »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
Hung Low wrote:They've been sprung by W so they've the best possible odds to get their rap sheets cleaned. Being LEO's I doubt they have any addtional criminal convictions prior to the shooting, so at the very least their records will be expunged in 3 years. Its very possible that they'll get the convictions tossed too. That will just take time and money. I'm sure these lads will have NO problem raising the funds through various support networks.
Ol' W probably knew very well what he was doing. Upon accepting a pardon, be it from a governor or the president, YOU ARE ADMITTING GUILT. Georgie Boy's cognizant that in a couple years these boys may be exhonerated through due process. He has given them an out and the ability to clear their names 100%. At the end of the day, he's given them the opportunity to serve again. I'm sure he'll push a button or two in order to facilitate this.
I'm glad these guys are out; but, why didn't W do this a long time ago?
Badmothers boy just covered that very succinctly in regards to what I have heard. Word is Ramos and Compeans’ lawyers wanted the sentence commuted so they can still fight this in court. A full pardon would have denied them that opportunity.

As to why Bush didn’t do this sooner, Sutton was his boy. Also Bush was weak (there I said it Bubba) on strict immigration. If not for 9/11 they would have pushed through another amnesty years ago. So the big picture is they can talk about being tough all they want, they can hire 6k more agents and they can build fences and get cameras. But they are hammering Agents everywhere they can for doing a shit job in a tough place. This kills moral and keep Agents from really trying to do their job. So this big ball of wax looks great but doesn’t accomplish near as much as it did 5 years ago.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “The News Dump”