Enlistment Update

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
JRhea716
Embryo

Enlistment Update

Post by JRhea716 »

Hello Rangers,

I haven't gotten around to updating everyone on my current enlistment position. I went to MEPS about two weeks ago, and to my surprise, didn't have to argue near as much as I had prepared for. I guess my ASVAB score helped more than I had anticipated (91), and now I am locked in with a ship off date of January 8, 2009. As I stated in a previous post, I will be pushing the date back to most likely mid-February in order to attend a memorial service for my father (prior Army, Special Forces '69-'71). My MOS is 11X with Option 40, and I'm pretty excited about getting everything I asked for into my contract with relative ease. Any information, advice, or guidance from any Rangers would be greatly appreciated, especially fellow Infantrymen. At this point it looks like I'd better get pretty used to Fort Benning, every single training station I have is there! Thanks again, and I'll be sure to update when the time comes. God Bless

Justin
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: Enlistment Update

Post by hit_it »

congrats on the contract, we will have you upgraded today.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations! Pay attention to Ranger vxhybrid's advice. Be certain that pushing back your ship date does not affect your option 40 contract. Take no verbal assurance. Have it in writing.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
JRhea716
Embryo

Post by JRhea716 »

Hello Rangers,

I have another update on my situation. I received a phone call from my recruiter today saying my renegotiation of my ship ship off date had been approved. I still need to go into the MEPS station and talk with a counselor, I guess to go over the updated contract, but as far as I know everything is still in order. I'll keep everyone updated of any changes from now until ship off. Thanks for the help Rangers, I appreciate it.

Justin

Return to “Recruitment Process”