SITREP from OSUT

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Dreadnought
Ranger

SITREP from OSUT

Post by Dreadnought »

Here on my 36 hour Family Day pass, I don't get how my other DEP buddies had gotten passes before...

It's pretty much what I expected, the good times and the bad times. My PT scores are above 260, but my runs keep me back a lot. Latest scored was a 272, with these numbers:

PU - 90
SU - 87
2M - 14:57

I have the battle march and shoot, convoy live fire, MOUT, and FTX left. Our company CO is tabbed, as is my SDS. We have amazing drill sergeants, tough, fair, and motivating. They motivate the shit out of me, that's for sure. We had a 10 mile ruck in the 40 degree rain the other night on the way back from our AO, and man it felt good. Carrying that 249 felt great. I qualified expert with a 33 out of 40, so I can't say I'm as high speed as XCrunner, but it doesn't matter, I'll make it through no matter what.

I got myself a copy of the updated FM 7-8 and Ranger Handbook in my wall locker, and our DSs encourage learning from that and building on it. From the Ranger Handbook is where they take most of our battle drill and ambush information and task standards, and our tasks are performed to that basis.

I'm excited for BAT and RIP, despite my slow run and shin splints. I'll run until I can't, because on the other end is my goal.

Sure enough Rangers, you have helped me get even this small distance in my path. I'm hopeful and motivated for what's to come. Thank you.
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

33/40 isnt expert.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP with room for improvement. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Re: SITREP from OSUT

Post by nightcrawler »

Dreadnought wrote:Here on my 36 hour Family Day pass, I don't get how my other DEP buddies had gotten passes before...

It's pretty much what I expected, the good times and the bad times. My PT scores are above 260, but my runs keep me back a lot. Latest scored was a 272, with these numbers:

PU - 90
SU - 87
2M - 14:57

I have the battle march and shoot, convoy live fire, MOUT, and FTX left. Our company CO is tabbed, as is my SDS. We have amazing drill sergeants, tough, fair, and motivating. They motivate the shit out of me, that's for sure. We had a 10 mile ruck in the 40 degree rain the other night on the way back from our AO, and man it felt good. Carrying that 249 felt great. I qualified expert with a 33 out of 40, so I can't say I'm as high speed as XCrunner, but it doesn't matter, I'll make it through no matter what.

I got myself a copy of the updated FM 7-8 and Ranger Handbook in my wall locker, and our DSs encourage learning from that and building on it. From the Ranger Handbook is where they take most of our battle drill and ambush information and task standards, and our tasks are performed to that basis.

I'm excited for BAT and RIP, despite my slow run and shin splints. I'll run until I can't, because on the other end is my goal.

Sure enough Rangers, you have helped me get even this small distance in my path. I'm hopeful and motivated for what's to come. Thank you.
You shot only 33? :? my first try I shot 40 out of 40 and before I joined the Army I had never shot any type of weapon. PS you qualified as a sharpshooter not expert :!:
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

Thank you for the correction Ranger gRavepc and nightcrawler, lack of attention on my part.

Just to update the SITREP with a newer chapter, I've graduate from OSUT as of the 26th, and I'm on the ending part of my Thanksgiving pass. I'm lucky enough to be slotted for the last Airborne class of the year, as I move from Airborne hold to Airborne this Monday and am headed to graduate and go home for exodus around the 20th. I'm very happy to have this opportunity. Having those crossed rifles slammed into my chest on Honor Hill was the proudest moment of my life so far.

I graduated with a final APFT score of 293; 100 on pushups, 100 on situps, and 93 on the run. I cut my run time from the previous APFT down by around 1:30; I really had to push to run that 13:25.

At the moment I'm very excited for Airborne, and I'm continuing to exercise while not putting impact strain on my left shin. The lack of PT during FTX and recovery left me feeling pretty flabby, so pushups and flutter kicks are the name of the game.

I will re-update after completion of Airborne while I'm on exodus, and then the only obstacle left will be RIP, which will surely be "a blast" in the cold month of January :)
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Dreadnought

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats on getting your Blue Cord Soldier.

I've upgraded yout title to Infantryman. You can select an avatar of your choice. Our selection of avatars is presently out of order.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Good SITREP, especially on improving your run time. Enjoy your Airborne training, you are actually going to get paid to have fun.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the Infantry. On to the next OBJ. Your PT scores are improving. Keep it up. "Break a leg!"

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Keep up the good work. Work out hard throughout BAT. That shit they call PT there will ruin a perfectly in shape stud in no time.

You need to stay focused and out of trouble and you'll be fine. Congratulations on becoming an Infantryman!

Return to “Letters from School”