Young couple newly PCSed 2 Ft Lewis w 2 week old need

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Young couple newly PCSed 2 Ft Lewis w 2 week old need

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Hi,
My best friend just called to let me know that there is young married couple with a 2 year old son and 2 week old son who just relocated to Ft Lewis from Germany.

They have no items for their 2 week old son, all those items are still on route from Germany.

If anyone knows of anything that can be donated to help this couple while they are waiting for their things to arrive from Germany please PM me, my best friend or I are willing to pick items up to help this couple out.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

There used to be a place on post that would donate things like that to those in need. It's been waaaay too long ago for me to recall what the building was called, but it was on Ft. Lewis. Do you have acces to a directory?

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

EarthPig wrote:There used to be a place on post that would donate things like that to those in need. It's been waaaay too long ago for me to recall what the building was called, but it was on Ft. Lewis. Do you have acces to a directory?

RLTW
EP
Ranger Earth Pig,
Thanks for the suggestion.
The couple have already visited this place on Ft. Lewis unfortunately they were unsuccessful finding items for their son.
Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Jenny Lynn wrote:
EarthPig wrote:There used to be a place on post that would donate things like that to those in need. It's been waaaay too long ago for me to recall what the building was called, but it was on Ft. Lewis. Do you have acces to a directory?

RLTW
EP
Ranger Earth Pig,
The couple have already visited this place on Ft. Lewis unfortunately they were unsuccessful finding items for their son.
Jenny
What exactly do they need? Infants are about a easy as they come, (boobies & diapers). Might advise them to check out Craigslist, (free or cheap), once their stuff arrives they could re-sell, or donate to that place on post.

The unit's FRG may have some resources as well.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Julieanne wrote:
Jenny Lynn wrote:

RLTW
EP
Ranger Earth Pig,
Jenny
What exactly do they need? Infants are about a easy as they come, (boobies & diapers). Might advise them to check out Craigslist, (free or cheap), once their stuff arrives they could re-sell, or donate to that place on post.

The unit's FRG may have some resources as well.

Hi Julianne,
Only items we are aware that has been gathered so far is a baby swing, some are gathering clothes, the other items the other couples need for their kids like crib, stroller, play plen; Craigslist has already been suggested. Oh and they have tried his FRG as well, on that I have no comment. Thanks, Jenny
Jenny

Return to “The Mosh Pit”