Hearing Waiver

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Codylane20
Egg

Hearing Waiver

Post by Codylane20 »

I am a 11C stationed in Italy with the 173D. I reenlisted downrange for 2-75. I will be going to Rip Jan 26 2009 then heading straight to pre Ranger then Ranger school enroute to Bat because I am an NCO. The only thing in my way right now is my hearing. I have everything else on my physical complete. At 4000, I am around 60 or so in both ears. This is actually about 5 points better than when I deployed last May. I went to an Audiologist two days ago trying to get cleared for everything. She said I was fine on all of the speech test and everything else the only one that I am not to standard on is the beep test. What I am wondering is what exactly I need to do to get a waiver. I read the post on waivers, and saw that regiment is the final approving authority. So should I just try and get a waiver directly from regiment now or try through my unit. There is nothing more that I want than an oppurtunity to join the 75th. My brother is in 2-75, and said that he didnt see how it would be a promblem seeing how they just deployed me for 15 months with worse hearing. If anyone could just help me with the channels that I need to go through to get this done I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Return to “Medical Issues”