The "Bradley effect"

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

The "Bradley effect"

Post by Silverback »

Does it exist? It's been getting a lot of coverage coming into this election. The synopsis is, White voters are hesitant to vote for a non-white candidate but do not express their hesitance when talking to pollsters.

Thoughts?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

There are enough people who worry about not appearing to be PC while harboring un-PC feelings that I believe it's a true problem for Obama. I don't think it will be enough for McCain to pull off a win, but enough to give the pollsters a hard time.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

got a pretty smart friend in SC that says the Great Hope is in for a huge shock. all kinda white people supporting him that aren't going to vote Black, is what he's saying. as progressive and PC as they may act and sound in public, as staunch Democrats, behind the curtain, in the booth, they aren't going to be able to follow through with it and they'll vote McCain.

I don't know.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Interesting thought. Unfortunate though, the "Bradley Effect" is more of a rural issue with people close to the line between Conservatism and Liberalism. And there are many of those but not as many as those who live in large cities, attend major Universities, and consider themselves "smart people".

Write this down: McCain cannot win! His political adds suck. His ability to speak in public sucks. He is too closely tied with Bush though he keeps saying he is a maverick. His running mate did some good BUT...she doesnt have the horsepower to pull this off.

Obama's political adds are merely indictments. Indictments that many many people believe. He speaks very well and for the less discerning (which accounts for about 90% of America) he offers a plan which sounds good. The black issue is a non issue for more than you think. Some do it because they can pat themselves on the back and say..."see, Im not predjudiced"! Others will vote for him because they cannot see the harm.

It will be a landslide.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Has any member here been called for a poll?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

I have been called. Matter of fact, it was on Friday evening.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I was called. We were shocked!!! By the phrasing of the questions, I believe that it was a Libertarian think tank though.

Here's some interesting reading...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/ ... ectio.html

Explains why no one seems to care about nObama's leftist connections.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

I fear this round goes to the Dems. Those who won't vote for a black man will do so by refusing to vote at all. Republicans notoriously do not get out the vote - Dems take the majority of first-time voters.

Landslide it will be... except for my vote.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Interesting thought. Unfortunate though, the "Bradley Effect" is more of a rural issue with people close to the line between Conservatism and Liberalism. And there are many of those but not as many as those who live in large cities, attend major Universities, and consider themselves "smart people".

Write this down: McCain cannot win! His political adds suck. His ability to speak in public sucks. He is too closely tied with Bush though he keeps saying he is a maverick. His running mate did some good BUT...she doesnt have the horsepower to pull this off.

Obama's political adds are merely indictments. Indictments that many many people believe. He speaks very well and for the less discerning (which accounts for about 90% of America) he offers a plan which sounds good. The black issue is a non issue for more than you think. Some do it because they can pat themselves on the back and say..."see, Im not predjudiced"! Others will vote for him because they cannot see the harm.

It will be a landslide.
I agree with you. Obama, with the media's help, is using some great Political Judo against McCain. I do not have much hope that McCain can pull it out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist." -Keyser Soze
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
RetPara
Ranger

Post by RetPara »

Demoncrats called for my daughter last week.

SEE: viewtopic.php?t=44345&highlight=

Friday someone called for me and I stayed with the 'I'm voting the Straight Republican ticket as God Intended. You got any other silly assed questions?' response.

I hate answering the phone. Those two incidents have sure slowed the rate of calls down.
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Charlie 51 wrote: I agree with you. Obama, with the media's help, is using some great Political Judo against McCain. I do not have much hope that McCain can pull it out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist." -Keyser Soze
I think this has little to do with what Obama has done and more to do with what McCain has failed to do. I have been of the opinion that I felt as though McCain was giving the job away.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I would imagine that it would be hard to compete when you're limited to just 84 million because you kept your word and used only the public funding and your opponent has already raised over 605 million. Not to mention the sweet deals on tv air time that he's getting. less than 1 million for a half hour block that also is going to cause the 6th game of the world series to start late if it goes gets to six games. It's kind of hard to believe that a major network would sell off a half hour of air time for less than a million on world series night when it costs several millions for 30 seconds during the super bowl. I wonder how much they would charge the McCain campaign for a half hour.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "

Return to “The Mosh Pit”