Women in the Rangers???

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Moni D

Women in the Rangers???

Post by Moni D »

I'm not sure if this is going to be in the right topic, but if not let me know and I'll move :D

I have to do a persuasive speech in my speech class in about 3 weeks, and from what I have seen, believe that there is a less than slim-to-none chance that a woman could make it through ranger training.

Someone (I forget who) had an EXCELLENT quote about "no amount of legislation..." & I forget the rest. I would love to use that quote, and also possible ask some of you questions to help develop the speech.

If any of you are interested, could you let me know? I wont get the full assignment until probably 16 or 23 June.

Thanks!!
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Ranger Silverback is the one with the quote. What do you need to know?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Moni D

Post by Moni D »

placebo wrote:There's a recent discussion right here that might get you started.

8)
Thanks Placebo :D Whic one am I looking for lol, and which topic? This one or RIP?
Moni D

Post by Moni D »

H8train1/75 wrote:Ranger Silverback is the one with the quote. What do you need to know?
Thanks Ranger H8train... Well I don't know exactly what I need. My typical method is to gather way more information than I could use, sort it out, and pick what I am going to use. That way I can usually put together 2 speeches and pick the best one.

You are actually one I was interested in questioning, because of your position as an Instructor.

Should I PM questions? I haven't fully developed them yet, but I do have some....

Any help is greatly appreciated :D
Moni D

Post by Moni D »

placebo wrote:Hey Mon, click on 'right here' in my previous post...it's a hot link, just in camo 'cause of it being a military site.

:D
Oh awesome! thanks placebo. I have to bike to the college anyways so If I leave now i can print it out to read (cant read that much on this screen-kills my head)

I saw one response I totally agree with and that is that women should have to use the same standards as men.

I am VERY unpopular with female cops and firefighters b/c I get pissed that they have lower standards than men... which is one reson I am doing this speech.

Okies I gotta jet so I can get to the college before they close up for the day- back later y'all :D

thanks!!!!!

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”