SITREP on pass

Basic & AIT
aljax23
Embryo

SITREP on pass

Post by aljax23 »

I am in week 11 at the REC center on pass. So far OSUT has been a complete joke and very easy. We took a PT test this week, I had a 294, 3 pushups and 12 seconds on the run... I know I need to be pushing harder, but suprisingly i stand above a lot of other guys going to RIP. We have had about 50 percent of the guys that came in with contracts say they are dropping them already and a couple of really motivated guys have picked them up, yes you can get one at OSUT but you better be a PT stud. OSUT is really easy for the guys just coming in. If you are wanting to come in on an OPT40 my advice would be to be in the best physical shape you can be before coming in because the PT here is lacking, hopefully between now and RIP i can push myself farther. That is al for now, i hope the helps and let me know how my PT stacks up Rangers.
Shipdate: 20080618

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important to him than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

If you are wanting to come in on an OPT40 my advice would be to be in the best physical shape you can be before coming in because the PT here is lacking,
Remember stud, that the PT in training designed to get Soldiers who may not have done an ounce pf physical activity in enough shape to pass the APFT by the minimum standard. It may have been week to you, but had you not known about ArmyRanger.com before going you would be sucking right now, too.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Keep on truckin.' Thanks for the SITREP.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Your challenges will come, and while probably not at OSUT, do not doubt that they will come in RIP. Be prapred for them and most of the challenges will be mental, not a few more pushups or a few seconds off a run time. Never quit.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

The journey is just beginning. You WILL have your times of pain. Never quit!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “About OSUT”