my situation

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
angelicexcrement
Embryo

my situation

Post by angelicexcrement »

I am currently in the process of enlisting. Hoping for 11x/option 40. My ASVAB scores are 54 and 103. I have a GED, and possibly a medical waiver due to a knee surgery. After you get done laughing.....please tell me my chances. If I am unable to get this....will I be able to go for 11x/ABN?
Thanks, CJ
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

if you knew i was laughing, then you knew i wouldn't entertain this post.

anyway, you won't be getting any options like that on your contract.

GED- no options available unless you hav 15 college credit or 675 clock hours. to be considered a high school grad, that's what you need. go get it.

103 GT- must have 110 or higher for OP40.

medical waiver- if what you say is true you will not get Airborne added to your contract. even if you had a high school diploma.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
angelicexcrement
Embryo

thanks for your input.
This is pretty much what the recruiter told me, with the exception that I would be eligible for ABN....
Do you always have a waiver with any medical condition?
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Do you always have a waiver with any medical condition?
no you do not. and you may not need a waiver depending on the surgery you had.

but the GED is what's keeping you down on options, guy. you notice i addressed that issue FIRST.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
angelicexcrement
Embryo

yes....I realize the GED is my main issue. I am checking into getting my diploma after talking with the recruiter today....The GED I can fix......I was just wondering where I stand with the medical waiver. It seems like that is my biggest hurdle right now. I know I can retake ASVAB and score higher.
Thanks for responding to my post

Return to “Recruitment Process”