Rip Hold, Class Dates

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
kohlerdrums
Embryo

Rip Hold, Class Dates

Post by kohlerdrums »

Rangers:

I read quite a few entries the other night looking for an answer to the following questions without finding one:

I am attempting to work my son's anticipated RIP graduation into my family's schedule. He had a one week hold at Airborne. Some of the posts going back a year or two regarding RIP state some holds for RIP were a few weeks at times. Is this the current situation?

I haven't been able to find any published dates for RIP graduations. Basic and Airborne were available. My son started Airborne May 5th.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks for all you do.
Airborne Grad Dad

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told them the truth and they thought it was hell."
-President Harry Truman-
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

PM inbound, Parent kohlerdrums.

-DRM

*EDIT: To any other Ranger Parent's or anyone interested, the link below contains all the RIP classes scheduled for the 2008 fiscal year. Copy the entire address because the link is broken due to the parenthesis.

https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/cour ... RAM&phase=

To look at the 2009 schedule, simply click "New Search" under the Information for the Course at the top. In Course Title, type "RANGER" and in the box below where it says Fiscal Year, select "2009".

I hope this is helpful. If this post violates OPSEC or PERSEC, I will promptly remove it.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

DRM wrote:PM inbound, Parent kohlerdrums.

-DRM

*EDIT: To any other Ranger Parent's or anyone interested, the link below contains all the RIP classes scheduled for the 2008 fiscal year. Copy the entire address because the link is broken due to the parenthesis.

https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/cour ... RAM&phase=

To look at the 2009 schedule, simply click "New Search" under the Information for the Course at the top. In Course Title, type "RANGER" and in the box below where it says Fiscal Year, select "2009".

I hope this is helpful. If this post violates OPSEC or PERSEC, I will promptly remove it.
We have a nasty out-break of efficiency here.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
MarcRaiderfan
Embryo

Christmas Exodus during RIP?

Post by MarcRaiderfan »

My son is supposed to report to RIP on Dec 18th and the start date is Jan. 6th I believe. I am wondering if that means he will get a break after reporting to RIP or if he will be a hold over for 2 or 3 weeks. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Marc
MarcRaiderfan
Embryo

Post by MarcRaiderfan »

Thanks Wazzle. I am just trying to figure out which graduation or graduations I should attend..if he is coming home after jump school, then I will shoot for RIP graduation. I may try to go to his OSUT too, but I am in California will need to schedule flights. I didn't have anyone at my basic or airborne school graduation and it wasn't a big deal. Did you go to your sons graduation? If so, which ones?
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, I am surprised that someone on here has not warned you of the jinx for RIP soldiers of anticipating the graduation before even class has begun. So many times setting graduation plans well in advance has required cancellation of such plans. RIP is not easy and completion is not a given. It is harder than OSUt, way harder than Jump school. Many soldiers have gone into RIP with the confidence that graduation is immenent and then find themselves going worldwide. With a 35% graduation rate the physical aspect is eliminated due to the fact that all are in pretty goood shape (if they don't screw off to much during jump) but one does not know how mentally prepared they are. One usually does not get much chance to see how mentally fit they are. As far as class dates go they are not set in stone. one because RIP is run by numbers. Not knowing how many option 40's might drop out of a certain cycle governs more on a start date and how long a few might be held in RIP hold waiting for the numbers for a class start. Also understand that luck is involved. Not luck that they can make it thru the class cause luck has nothing to do with that, Luck that theys tay healthy and fit during osut and jump. Injury has caused many to drop before even having a chance to get to RIP. So I will wish your son good luck that he stays healthy and has a shot at becoming an Airborne Ranger. My son has been a Ranger with the 1st Ranger Bn for 3 years now and today he left the Ranger Bn. He is transferring to FT Bragg and will start Special Forces Qualification Course at the end of September. I asked him today on the phone how he feels about leaving 1st Ranger Bn. He said it is time to move on but he would not change anything about the last 3 1/2 years. He has re-enlisted and is starting the next part of his military career. take care Dad your heading for a wild ride. Soldiersdad, PAD of Sgt Troy, Airborne Ranger, RIP graduate, Ranger School graduate, Sere graduate, Master Breecher , Fire-team leader, 4 deployments now heading for the Q course.
MarcRaiderfan
Embryo

Post by MarcRaiderfan »

You must very proud of your son. It sounds like he is a driven individual. Thank you again for all the good info. I really appreciate it.

Marc
QtMedic4Life
US Navy Vet / US Army Reserves

Post by QtMedic4Life »

I agree with everything said above, however with that said I also found it's easier and cheaper to postpone a plane ticket as oppossed to buying a last minute plane ticket. I just this morning like ten minutes ago found out which OSUT company X is in and I'm going to be getting some letters off tomorrow and I will reserve my plane ticket, hotel, and car within the next two to three weeks. becuase I KNOW he will graduate it's just a question of when. That's just my 2 cents worth.

~Azi J~
kohlerdrums
Embryo

Post by kohlerdrums »

I am surprised that someone on here has not warned you of the jinx for RIP soldiers of anticipating the graduation before even class has begun

I guess I should be banned from this site. As the original author of this thread, my son went worldwide after a week at RIP. He made it into a scout platoon and will be deploying to the stan.

Rangers, thank you for your service.
Airborne Grad Dad

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told them the truth and they thought it was hell."
-President Harry Truman-
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

`Hi, Everything said above about the bad luck involved in setting graduation plans in advance is connected with RIP. Most OSUT dates are right on and do not change much. Osut and RIP are 2 different animals. Usually if you can walk and run without falling down OSUT gr aduation is immenent. OSUT is set up to get the soldier thru Not RIP, it is set up to get the soldier that is not up to standards out. like was said. Nothing said hear was meant towards Osut or jump. You can see in the above post what can hppen even if only asking questions about completion of RIP. Not always mind you but do you want to take that chance? Sorry to hear about you soldier KOHLE. If it is in him to try again 6 months is not long. Plus yo won't know , FOR SURE, UNTIL a few days beforwe graduation OF RIP if your son will be involved.Soldiersdad. thats my 2 cents.
MarcRaiderfan
Embryo

Post by MarcRaiderfan »

I am sorry to hear about your kohlerdrums. I wish him well on his deployemnt. I will not talk about RIP graduation again. I will plan on his OSUT grad for now.

Thanks again,

Marc

Return to “About RASP”