Singer Opts for 'Black National Anthem' Over 'Star-Spangled

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

If they can't sue, they should at least not pay her. There is a time and place for "creative expression". An official ceremony is not it.

Steadfast wrote:Get Rosanne back to do the National Anthem.
I saw an interview a few years ago and they asked Rosanne Barr about that whole incident. She said that, yes, in retrospect she had fucked up because she thought it was a joke the whole time (Until it was too late, of course..). She couldn't believe that someone would want her to sing anything, let alone the National Anthem so she didn't think they were serious and played it into the whole working-class white trash persona she has made. I think we can all agree the result made the fuck-up hall of fame.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Darksaga
Soldier

Re: Singer Opts for 'Black National Anthem' Over 'Star-Spang

Post by Darksaga »

Rangerguru wrote:A jazz singer shocked some Denver residents after replacing the words to the national anthem with those of the "Black National Anthem" during the annual State of the City address this week.

Full Story
People like this give me a headache.

Seriously if you don't care for th country, it's traditions and values then leave. I am sure Cuba needs a new jazz singer.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

There are NOT 2 different National Anthems, however there are plenty of ignorant assholes who claim to be intelligent yet act completely inappropriate at exactly the most inappropriate time.

She was asked to sing "THE NATIONAL ANTHEM" not any other "artistic rendition that she could pull out her ass".

1. She looks like she's gay with that fucked up haircut.

2. She cannot follow instructions.

3. Her husband should be slapped for allowing her out of the house.

My 0.02
Last edited by Bugsy on July 3rd, 2008, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Did anyone notice that idiot standing on the stage holding his hand over his heart? What makes this worst is that some people apparently don’t know the words to “The Star Spangled Bannerâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

DoorGunner wrote:I noticed no one got up and walked out. Oh ya, they're liberals. :shock:
It's Denver...nuff said!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger5280
Ranger

Post by Ranger5280 »

Silverback wrote:
DoorGunner wrote:I noticed no one got up and walked out. Oh ya, they're liberals. :shock:
It's Denver...nuff said!
Yeah...we really support douche bags like this here in Denver :roll:
"Measure twice, cut once"

C co. 1/75 '84-'87
9-85
BRC '86
CDQC
SERE-C
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Ranger5280 wrote:
Silverback wrote:
It's Denver...nuff said!
Where is the Democratic national convention taking place?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Silverback wrote:
Ranger5280 wrote:
Silverback wrote: It's Denver...nuff said!
I should explain that I highlighted this point because I am certain she thought she could "Get away with it" and not as a slam on the residence of Denver. She wouldn't have even gotten a mention if she had done this in Boulder.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger5280
Ranger

Post by Ranger5280 »

Silverback wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Ranger5280 wrote: Yeah...we really support douche bags like this here in Denver :roll:
I should explain that I highlighted this point because I am certain she thought she could "Get away with it" and not as a slam on the residence of Denver. She wouldn't have even gotten a mention if she had done this in Boulder.
We've had Democratic Mayors in Denver for 40 years.

I don't think this wench represented the Dems so much as her own personal agenda. Even Obama came out and said that Marie Renee should have stuck with The National Anthem.

You're absolutely correct about Boulder (AKA-15 square miles surrounded by reality). She might even be considered a conservative there.
"Measure twice, cut once"

C co. 1/75 '84-'87
9-85
BRC '86
CDQC
SERE-C
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I got into a conversation with an idiot from Colorado and she talked about [quote]“I think Francis Scott Key would have been honored.â€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: ,

Post by Ranger Ron »

[quote="Chiron"]I got into a conversation with an idiot from Colorado and she talked about [quote]“I think Francis Scott Key would have been honored.â€
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “The News Dump”